• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Film, Moyashimon, Sarai-ya Goyou Promos Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote
The Moyasimon movie looks kinda cool, though too bad we didn't get to see any images of Haruka.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
The Moyasimon movie looks kinda cool, though too bad we didn't get to see any images of Haruka.

Looks to be a series. I might prefer more animated Moyashimon personally, the anime completely left you in the lurch and I really wanted to see more.

They call it a "live-action drama" too. It's such a bizarre story, I hope they're calling it a drama in the loosest terms. It's not sitcom funny but I'd call it a comedy myself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Trailer for the House of the Five Leaves looks very interesting. I like art and character design a lot, and music is good too. Hope story doesn't disappoint.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:

Looks to be a series.

Whoops, overlooked that bit. But it still looks cool.
il capitano

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Between my fondness for Moyashimon and the spiffy-lookingness of those microbes, I think I just might overcome my profound aversion to Japanese television just long enough each week to watch this show.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
They call it a "live-action drama" too. It's such a bizarre story, I hope they're calling it a drama in the loosest terms. It's not sitcom funny but I'd call it a comedy myself.

Don't worry (too much), "drama" doesn't really indicate the genre. It's kind of a catch-all term. The Negima live-action adaptation was called a "drama" too, and I've seen enough of that to know that it's intended to be comedy.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:57 am Reply with quote
Hentai_JP wrote:
Trailer for the House of the Five Leaves looks very interesting. I like art and character design a lot, and music is good too. Hope story doesn't disappoint.

I don't think the music was "bad" exactly, but I thought it was an odd choice (Techno for an Edo period piece? Confused But, whatever, the animation looks pretty interesting, and, as you say, the story is the key.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1