• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Barefoot Gen's Nakazawa Donates Art to Hiroshima Museum

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:38 am Reply with quote
Actually, the tenth volume is out in February.
ColinTurner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Great article. Last Gasp has been publishing Barefoot Gen since the 1990s. The project of re-issuing the complete series with a new translation started in 2004.

Volume 9 & 10 are printed and in-transit from the printers. Should be available through Last Gasp directly in January, and from retailers in January and February.
mucomval

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:43 am Reply with quote
Very Happy
Heard about the Hadashi no Gen a couple of times, it didn't hit me,
Involved with a Peace organization that's been organizing nuclear exhibitions in Japan and around the world,
Heard about the english title and work,
Luckily picked up vols., 2-4 on sale in Kobe in Jan., or Feb., I forget,
Heard that my translation group had one of the main translators of Barefoot Gen on the speakers' panel,
As I first started on vol. 2, I was already enthralled and fell in love with graphic visions and great dialogue as I also imagined how they would have talked in Japanese.
I was born & raised in Japan.
I am totally enthralled and involved in these volumes; finished 2, 3, 4 as vol. 1, and 5-10 have come from amazon and I'm almost finished on 1. Glad I have so much to read! I always look forward to reading BG ! I think I feel so much and I have so much to say!
Cheers!
(I also borrowed the Japanese anime dvd's 1 &2!) But there's nothing like the book, though it was so interesting to see the dvd.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1