• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DMP Adds Ayano Yamane's Finder, Kazuma Kodaka's Kizuna

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kushiel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Yay the end of Finder in English! No, really. The last time I checked the end wasn't even scanlated.

Also, Kizuna deserves a second chance, even though I think its boat has sailed already because of age.

On an offhand note, does anyone know why Zetsuai hasn't been licensed yet? I mean, we got the Ai no Kusabi novels, and I don't expect anyone to pick up either OVA, but the Zetsuai manga should get a chance. Too pricey?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sunflower

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quote
kushiel wrote:
Yay the end of Finder in English! No, really. The last time I checked the end wasn't even scanlated.

It's been scanlated up to the latest release last week. The series isn't over with yet though. The start of a new arc just came out in Gold 2/27. But the scanlating team will drop likely drop the series since they dropped Crimson Spell because it was licensed.
Cait

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote
The second I saw that Media Blasters cut staff this week I knew it would be DMP that got Finder. I didn't expect them to announce it so early, though. I bet you they are planning to have volume 1 ready for Yamane's appearance at Yaoi-Con this year.
Cait

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Oh, and there's a typo in the article. In the last sentence of the second paragraph, Yamane's name is missing the "Y" at the beginning.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quote
OH YES.

I've been waiting for this for so long (points at avatar). Finally! THANK YOU DMP!*

*Yes, all caps is as close as I get to being one of them-thar "screeching" fangirls everyone talks about. But I'm totally squeeing on the inside, trust me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
marzipan.dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:03 am Reply with quote
Very Happy
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:05 am Reply with quote
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Very Happy
sunflower

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:45 am Reply with quote
Cait wrote:
I bet you they are planning to have volume 1 ready for Yamane's appearance at Yaoi-Con this year.

Vol 1 is set to come out in the summer. I'm told they want to have vols 1-3 out by yaoi-con. Which probably means vols 1-2 will actually be ready.
Cait

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:58 am Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:

Vol 1 is set to come out in the summer. I'm told they want to have vols 1-3 out by yaoi-con. Which probably means vols 1-2 will actually be ready.

Wow, that must be why the release schedule got so backed up recently (that and all the Tateno stuff from this past Yaoi-Con). And don't put it past DMP to get stuff done when it is in their best financial interest! They said they'd get Yellow Omnibus 1 and Yellow 2 Epsidode 1 out by Yaoi-Con last year, and then proceeded to do it in like three months! They have twice that much time (more, even) to get this done even if it is more content (and I bet you they already started).
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:14 am Reply with quote
Oh this made my day! Thank you DMP! I have always wanted to buy 'Finder'. People are selling them for thousands of dollars on EBay.

Kizuna is amazing too. I'll probably pick that up when it's released as well.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:44 am Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
Vol 1 is set to come out in the summer. I'm told they want to have vols 1-3 out by yaoi-con.
If true, this would be awesome. I was expecting it to take at least a year, if not more, to catch up but vol. 1-3 by October would be fabulous. I will put them next to my old copies which are inexplicably yellowed around the page edges (they weren't in the sun, I don't smoke, what gives? anyway...).

Oh yeah, and the fact that DMP were the ones who rescued Kizuna too? Double-plus-good. Having thought about it, I may very well rebuy those too for the new translations.
mbofny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:09 am Reply with quote
Very Happy FINALLY!!!!!!! Now we get to read what happens after book 3!!!!!! We're saved!!
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quote
Yep. we were all speculating last week, Now we know. About a year ago I was considering bidding on overpriced used copies of Finder. Now I'm so glad I held back.
rabrek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
I will put them next to my old copies which are inexplicably yellowed around the page edges (they weren't in the sun, I don't smoke, what gives? anyway...).

Cheaper paper. Wood has a lot of lignin in it, which is what causes the kind of yellowing you're seeing. Higher-quality paper is processed to reduce the lignin content and takes longer to deteriorate. "Acid-free" paper is the best in this regard, though the yellowing and brittleness isn't something that can be entirely eliminated, only postponed. I have some books from the 19th century that are only lightly yellowed, because they were printed on paper with high cotton content and low lignin levels, and stored with care.
everapril

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Yay! This is one BL title I really want to purchase, glad we'll have the opportunity again!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2