• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pls take a look at (#2400) "Dragonball Movie 4"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mo-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I believe this entry is supposed to be Dragon Ball Z Movie 14: The Path to Power - the date fits, and it even says Dragon Ball Z Movie 14 in the alternate titles list. From what I understand of this series, there were only 3 Dragon Ball Movies, and 14 Dragon Ball Z movies.

Thanks!
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I've not seen the movie, but my understanding is that it is a retelling of part of the story from the original Dragon Ball, not Dragon Ball Z. Also, I'm sure that in the U.S. at least it is sold as a Dragon Ball movie, not as a Dragon Ball Z movie. Checking Amazon.co.jp, it looks like the 17 Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z movies are currently sold as versions labeled 1-17, with the 13 Dragon Ball Z movies being 1-13, this movie being 14, and the other three Dragon Ball movies being 15-17. So even though this movie is sold as the 14th, that doesn't make it the 14th Dragon Ball Z movie, but just the 14th movie is that line of releases for the Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z movie franchise. The Japanese version is sold as "DRAGONBALL THE MOVIES #14 ドラゴンボール 最強への道", which has no "Z" in the name (the other 13 Dragon Ball Z movies have a "Z" in the name). So I think it is correct as it is right now, with it labeled as the 4th Dragon Ball movie and not as the 14th Dragon Ball Z movie.
mo-chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:42 am Reply with quote
okie-dokie - but doesn't the date of release for the entry in question put it after the 13th movie?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1