• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Merge: Shana-tan specials

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:28 am Reply with quote
Several different super-deformed specials are now in the wild for Shakugan no Shana -- I was wondering if each one should be in a separate entry or if they should be merged under Shakugan no Shana-tan (special). At the moment, 3 of the specials live in their own entries, but 4 others are languishing in the queue & having 7 separate entries for what are essentially one-shot SD specials related to each season / movie / OVA might be overkill.

Any thoughts?

Edit: See last post.

Last edited by TiredGamer on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote
they definitely don't need their own articles being short and composed of little sketches. One article for the lot or one per each of the main Shana series?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
they definitely don't need their own articles being short and composed of little sketches. One article for the lot or one per each of the main Shana series?

There are two specials for season 1, one for the movie, three for Season 2, and one for each OVA released so far. How about putting them all into the original Shana-tan entry and using remarks (REM) to specify which series they're attached to?

Edit: This would mean deleting the entry for Shakugan no Shana-tan Returns.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I haven't even finished the first series yet so I may not be the best person to ask.. it sounds more complicated than I thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote
This sounds like a similar situation as the "Don't Tell Mother Maria" specials to the Maria-sama Ga Miteru series. That's tagged as a spinoff from each of the first three seasons.
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
This sounds like a similar situation as the "Don't Tell Mother Maria" specials to the Maria-sama Ga Miteru series. That's tagged as a spinoff from each of the first three seasons.

I knew there was a super-deformed special like that. This is a great example, now we just need an editor to see this.
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Merge:
Shakugan no Shana-tan Returns (special)
into
Shakugan no Shana-tan (special)

Each special can be folded into a single entry with episode remarks for origin (series, movie, OVA). This will cut down on clutter in the encyclopedia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1