• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tokyo-Area Cities Give Away Toaru Academy City Maps

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote
This seems pretty interesting. I'd really like to see one .
SEX WAFFLES

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
Oh my god, I want one SOOOO BAD.
hikaricore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:33 am Reply with quote
I'm sure there will be a scan done eventually. :p
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:37 am Reply with quote
Cool I like to see it but would like to have it even more
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:39 am Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
This seems pretty interesting. I'd really like to see one .

Same here. I hope someone who gets them can scan/post photos or something similar.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:20 am Reply with quote
Watching Index II 12 tonight I was actually wondering what they were using as the basis for the cityscape. It's neat that something like this exists.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quote
Why only 10,000? I mean, once you've made the printing plates and fired up the presses, you can print the next 10,000 for a fraction of the cost.

It's cool that they're doing this though. I remember, earlier this year, walking around Kita-Senju trying to spot the scenery used for "Toradora!". I never DID find their school or apt. building, but I found most of the other major places.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote
This is cool, I wish I could get one. I might tell people on Funimation forum about this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote
this is the kind of thing funimation should be giving out with their limited editions, this is the kind of stuff fans want, we want stuff that the Japanese fans get, granted the towel item for sacred blacksmith is ok, but if they want more of my money, they need to give us stuff that you don't usually get here in america
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
this is the kind of thing funimation should be giving out with their limited editions, this is the kind of stuff fans want, we want stuff that the Japanese fans get, granted the towel item for sacred blacksmith is ok, but if they want more of my money, they need to give us stuff that you don't usually get here in america

Oh I would agree with you. I like a map of Japan to come along with the limited edition of Railgun and Index for American fans.
reanimator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:08 am Reply with quote
BleuVII wrote:
It's cool that they're doing this though. I remember, earlier this year, walking around Kita-Senju trying to spot the scenery used for "Toradora!". I never DID find their school or apt. building, but I found most of the other major places.

You know, probably the art dept used generic Japanese school & apt. building or redesigned the building. Besides, it was never a good thing when a bunch of fans crowding around a school or a residence.
Banken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:05 am Reply with quote
I am currently accepting bribes to go to Tokyo (a scant five-hour bus ride) to pick one up.

Normally I can't be bothered to do the "wait in line for limited otaku goods" thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1