• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Moeyo Ken TV Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I saw Moeyo Ken, and I always did think I would work better as a TV show. (It seems to cram a seasons' worth of story into 4 episodes.)

I guess someone else must have thought so too.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised they didn't do a TV series first. But I guess sometimes an OVA can work as an appetizer or a "lure". :lol

My only deal is that since the designs are Rumiko Takahashi's that people don't get the impression that it's her story when its not. Because that's what's most likely to happen. If they see her style fans are going to assume that it's her work completely. This is by the guy that 'Sakura Taisen'. He could have chosen someone else to do the character designs but I guess he wanted her to do it.

Interesting. Confused

I have yet to see the OVA.
Dejiko

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:56 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
his is by the guy that 'Sakura Taisen'. He could have chosen someone else to do the character designs but I guess he wanted her to do it.

It surely didn't hurt Sakura Taisen that the designs were done by Kosuke Fujishima of AMG! fame, another 'household name' artist with a large volume of work Wink
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:41 am Reply with quote
I hope the TV series is MUCH better than the OVAs. I thought they were very weak in animation, story and execution. There were a few moments in the show worth while but as a whole...

Anyway, I hope for the best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1