Forum - View topic
NEWS: 27 Arrested in Japan for File-Sharing, Including 2 Perfect Dark Users


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DmonHiro



Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 3278
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
...for the love of Shinto, stop using Share. It's been cracked for YEARS.
The only way people get busted on PD is because they either brag or get ratted out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkwing



Joined: 24 Apr 2011
Posts: 317
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I feel sorry for the guys who got arrested, they're victims of true tyranny. The punishment they'll receive for this is probably extremely ridiculous and unfair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9310
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Hawkwing wrote:
I feel sorry for the guys who got arrested, they're victims of true tyranny. The punishment they'll receive for this is probably extremely ridiculous and unfair.


Yeah, well, you don't wanna be arrested for anything in Japan, knowing their legal system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hpulley



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Hawkwing wrote:
I feel sorry for the guys who got arrested, they're victims of true tyranny. The punishment they'll receive for this is probably extremely ridiculous and unfair.


Yeah, well, you don't wanna be arrested for anything in Japan, knowing their legal system.


Seriously, they can hold you for a month before they even tell you what you've been charged with!

And you'll be deported for 1g of maryjane.

Of course personally I support our mangaka, seiyuu and animators, buying it instead of downloading it but that is my choice I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wohdin



Joined: 10 Jun 2011
Posts: 352
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Tor or GTFO, Japan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
_V_



Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 619
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
For each who falls, ten more will take their place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Evil Hero



Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Posts: 18
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
well this is the country wich law is dont make uncensored porn
so yeah u will get busted for scaning manga and send it to a friend in another country Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kanechin



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 447
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
damn it stop arresting the heroes, bet this is why I still don't see that kagaku na yatsura ova anywhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joshjoshlol



Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 94
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Probably a pretty frightening time for these guys, I would imagine. Likely they're shut-ins, being that old and unemployed... Gotta be quite the splash of cold water to have to be holed up in a prison for the next few months, when you're used to just being by your lonesome with your anime and manga.

If they're not going VPN + Tor and they're doing uploading, though... well, low hanging fruit for the police, I should suppose. Probably the lowest of the low rungs of the ladder for the uploading crew.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9310
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
damn it stop arresting the heroes, bet this is why I still don't see that kagaku na yatsura ova anywhere.


Like the post said above you, I think, just sent materials to another country and then upload. Unless Japan wants to wall itself up from globalism and worldwide trade, nothing's going to prevent that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
penguintruth



Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 7952
Location: Penguinopolis
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Man, I loved Perfect Dark. Okay, so it was basically a Goldeneye recolor, but come on, it had an Air Force One level! That's pretty awesome.

Wait, what do you mean that's not what this is about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Momokochan



Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote
that's cool and all, but Japan, have you found your kuroko terrorist? I'll take that as a no.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yurihellsing



Joined: 04 Jun 2011
Posts: 490
Location: -=Sunderland UK=-
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
kanechin wrote:
damn it stop arresting the heroes, bet this is why I still don't see that kagaku na yatsura ova anywhere.


Like the post said above you, I think, just sent materials to another country and then upload. Unless Japan wants to wall itself up from globalism and worldwide trade, nothing's going to prevent that.


Well another period of isolation is the best of a bunch of bad ideas considering how the world is at the moment and as for the good ideas there are almost non-existent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Melanchthon



Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 550
Location: Northwest from Here
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Perfect Dark file-sharing program has no relation to the Nintendo 64/XBox Live Arcade game of the same name.

I'm glad you're here to tell us these things

And now, for those that sacrificed everything in the name of freedom/getting crap for free, I salute you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime
Polycell



Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 4623
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:
Well another period of isolation is the best of a bunch of bad ideas considering how the world is at the moment and as for the good ideas there are almost non-existent.
Economic isolationism would entail death for millions; autarky is forever and always one of the worst ideas a state can entertain. That said, a lot of the world's economic problems could be solved if the American economy was allowed to get itself back into order, but that's not about to happen any time soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group