• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Composite Ver. Ka Temjin

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:43 am Reply with quote
Used to play the arcade version of Virtual On. Never got any of the figures, though.
Nagatoka_Morito

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz? Katoki didn't just fix those robots, he saved them.

I respectfully disagree with you, good sir. The EW versions, while pretty (except for Altron, what happened there?), were way too concentrated on the primary motifs and lost a lot of their funcionality.

But enough reactionism to an opinion I disagree with! We have a Temjin! I've always admired Virtual-On (I really suck at MARZ, the only game in the series I've ever actually played). The bright, fanciful robot designs really strike a chord with me, and from the looks of it, this figure is something that I'd really consider plonking down the huge import money to get my hands on.

PS: I wonder if Neko-Arc shrinks every time the player continues, just like Jaguarandi?
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Awesome Review, I never played Virtual On, lol
And it feels though I have miss something good Anime hyper

Quote:
It's The Future, you know? I don't mean the depressing future we live in right now with the iPhones, I mean The Future. The one from the YMO videos. That brightly colored, shining, boxy technotopia. Sigh. I wish I lived there.

Ohh, how much I wish the future was like that, instead of the depressing iPhones taking over the world. Do we still have a chance of getting that cool future?
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Nagatoka_Morito wrote:

PS: I wonder if Neko-Arc shrinks every time the player continues, just like Jaguarandi?

Eventually Neko-Arc becomes so small that she is invisible, and then you'll REALLY never beat her.

Also, about the EW robots: the reason you gave is actually the reason I like them.
Cabal17

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I'd been wanting this figure for awhile, and this review caused me to finally pull the trigger.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one that digs that one Temjin that "goes too far?" After seeing the Katoki Gurren Lagann I kind of think the Katoki versions might not be for me. I do like this Temjin however, this might be my next purchase.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1