• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Witch Academia Ask & Win Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Do they have to be specifically about LWA, or can they be about Trigger in general?
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
It's been a long time since ANN had an Ask & Win I wanted to participate in, but with the topic this time being LWA and Trigger, I'm positively stoked! I hope everyone comes up with some great ones and this turns out to be a fantastic interview!
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Threw in my 5 questions. They probably weren't very good, but hopefully one of them was good enough to stick Anime hyper
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Do they have to be specifically about LWA, or can they be about Trigger in general?

They should be about LWA, although any and all questions will be considered, especially if they are interesting or thought-provoking.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
This was a very interesting and entertaining watch, especially when you consider the previous/other Young Animator Training Projects. Can't think of any immediate questions but I'm very much interested in seeing the results of the interview.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:45 am Reply with quote
I find it very interesting that there is a 66 minute "making of" video for a 26 minute anime. I will have to think up some questions...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
I find it very interesting that there is a 66 minute "making of" video for a 26 minute anime. I will have to think up some questions...

It is a heavy dense project with an usual production method compared to how most anime go from initial concept and funding/budgeting to final concept. I'd be nice to see if they discuss how the YATP benefits them, how it got started, what it means to anime overall, etc. They can talk about Trigger as a studio, why they split off, where they think they can go. There's much more to discuss than just LWA only.
sfried

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, here's for the best...
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zensunni wrote:

It is a heavy dense project with an usual production method compared to how most anime go from initial concept and funding/budgeting to final concept. I'd be nice to see if they discuss how the YATP benefits them, how it got started, what it means to anime overall, etc. They can talk about Trigger as a studio, why they split off, where they think they can go. There's much more to discuss than just LWA only.

something of quality has to have huge prep time to deliver the best result possible, true animation is just that, hours and hours of production work for 20+ minutes of animation..... the only way to cut down time wise is flash..... but I hardly consider that animation, its a cheap way to cut corners in many cases.

also that is one of the questions i submitted for the contest, why they decided to break off and form their own studio.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1