• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miyazaki Classics on Turner Classics

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
On that link, it lists voices as the american voice actors, at least for Mononoke. seems to be so on the others as well

Quote:
10:15 PM Princess Mononoke (1999) A woman raised by wolves leads forest animals in a fight to save their homes. Voices of Billy Crudup, Claire Danes, Minnie Driver. D: Hayao Miyazaki. 134m. LBX
Mugen The Great

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Turner bought the rights to some movies owned by Disney? Impressive. I hope CN airs them some time.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Now that's interesting. I guess this will give a little more push to getting 'Totoro' and 'Whispers of the Heart' out next year. I'm hoping. Well, we're still waiting on 'Totoro'.

This may be a good thing yet. Wink
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Yes!!! Wait no I don't have that channel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Great, yet another popular channel that Charter just seems to lack. Good thing my friend has satellite, I'll just watch them there. This is gonna be great. Very Happy
coolGAL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Annie_Jr wrote:
Great, yet another popular channel that Charter just seems to lack. Good thing my friend has satellite, I'll just watch them there. This is gonna be great. Very Happy
Lucky you oh i wish i could get the channel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
scatteredshadows

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow...

TMC is already head and shoulders above AMC and Fox Classics. This just adds to my respect for them.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping they each have introductions by Robert Osbourne. He is so cool.
TurnerJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
HAX wrote:
On that link, it lists voices as the american voice actors, at least for Mononoke. seems to be so on the others as well

Quote:
10:15 PM Princess Mononoke (1999) A woman raised by wolves leads forest animals in a fight to save their homes. Voices of Billy Crudup, Claire Danes, Minnie Driver. D: Hayao Miyazaki. 134m. LBX

Indeed it is, as I've found out from checking that link just about now; the only exception being Only Yesterday, which, from what I have heard, will probably be the only Disney-Ghibli production that will be released subtitles only. I found this out at NAUSICAA.NET's report on the new dub of Totoro, apparently because Disney considers the film to be too "adult" to dub into English. Well, it's their call, but they said that if it DOES become available, it'll probably be sub-only.

But anyway, this is splendid news! It's nice to know that Miyazaki's movies are getting some serious quality airtime. The world really needs more exposure to his work.

-Jon T.
astra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:53 am Reply with quote
Ah, Turner Classics is an amazing channel. When there's nothing else on TV, there's always something fun on that channel. I used to love AMC too, but they have turned bad in recent years with commercials and bad recent movies.
Must get my parents to tape this as I'm in college without cable Crying or Very sad
takuhii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:42 am Reply with quote
We have Turner Classic Movies channel in the UK, I'm assuming this post refers to the American channel!!??!!
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:07 am Reply with quote
I'm very impressed that Miyazaki's films are being recognized in America as classics. I'm surprised that their airing Whispers of the Heart. That hasn't even been released in the U.S.A. yet.
Twage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:49 am Reply with quote
Where'd you guys get eleven from? Everything else I've read says nine.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:23 am Reply with quote
The Definition of "Miyazaki" movies must be a loose one, since not all of those are written and directed by Miyazaki. Some he only has a producers credit, or had a hand in the animation. So, if that's the case, where's Grave of the Fireflies? Hell, where's Kiki?
TurnerJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:22 am Reply with quote
DragonsRevenge wrote:
The Definition of "Miyazaki" movies must be a loose one, since not all of those are written and directed by Miyazaki. Some he only has a producers credit, or had a hand in the animation. So, if that's the case, where's Grave of the Fireflies? Hell, where's Kiki?

I think Kiki will be shown as well; the schedule just hasn't been totally confirmed yet, I think.

-Jon T.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3