• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Tiger and Bunny 1 - "All's Well That Ends Well."

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikin0083

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching it and now im a fan, i like the comedy, the cell shaded cg needs some getting use to for me ^^. but other than that i enjoyed it and cant wait for the next episode
Hakunoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:21 am Reply with quote
hmm...look like this anime gonna be a interesting anime to watch
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote
I dunno-after watching this episode I don't think I'll be watching anymore, just isn't my cup of tea.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Did this remind anyone else a bit of Dai-Guard?

If there had been more than 2 giant robots (and only one useful one), they could have made a reality show out of it & had this...

Also, I'm expecting the superhero bubble to be burst & superheros to be forced to retire from the limelight due to litigation....like The Incredibles. Very Happy
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
On second thought, the main character is Gai Daigoji from Nadesico.

Though I hope this show aspires to more than what meets the eye, as right now it is just The Incredibles crossed with a fleshed-out, less macabre Death Race.

Even Heat Guy J, which crops up as the butt of criticism in the "official" previews for this show, aspired to more than initially shown.

Speaking of which, the premise of the show needs some backstory. In a city laden with crime fighting heroes, there wouldn't be brazen criminals. Crime would evolve, or move on. Instead of hijacking the armored truck, say, criminals would just embezzle the money from the company's electronic accounts.
(Also, who would want to live in a city constantly ravaged by crimefighters?)

This show has some humor that only Japan can give, like dubbing the main character the ironic "Crusher of Justice" (What hero crushes justice?), and making a flagrantly gay black dude shoot fireballs as his power. That's so un-PC that it is hilarious.

Also, the one female hero really reminded me of Solty Revant, which is always a plus IMO.

The show has potential, and I can see why it outranks so many of its contemporaries, but I still have a nagging fear that it won't become anything more than a generic "buddy cop" show when all is said and done. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1