• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: FUNimation Entertainment Begins Open Beta Testing of Video and Social Networking Site

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
glad this is open now. beta was a good sign, but there just wasnt enough people to keep the community very active..i hope it becomes very active and a place to be for anime fans.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I got to try this when I find the time. Thank you Funimation. I hope the people at Funimation forum are aware of this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nayu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
So basically they're making the same site Tokyopop is shutting down?
toyNN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:57 am Reply with quote
Meh. Just doesn't feel like its going to really go anywhere but maybe it will. CR seems the most successful at the social aspects and their streaming is pretty good too - maybe not the library of shows but new its is still #1.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:12 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
i hope it becomes very active and a place to be for anime fans.

Having spent some time on the site last night, I don't see any significant changes to warrant an increase in traffic (aside from the initial rush of those checking it out).

The front page is still bombarded with too much crap and this is a problem when FUNimation's core business is distributing anime, not a member's last post, fan art, or cosplay pictures.

The fact I'm not greeted with a series selection list on the first page is a failure, in my opinion. I shouldn't have to wade through unnecessary steps to get to a video.

I watched the first episode of Baka & Test last night and there isn't a single record of this transaction anywhere on the site (that I'm aware of, still digging).

I expect to see a list of videos I've already seen (thank you, Netflix). After all, if the site can track a member's post (and display it on the front page), why not our viewings?

Many people watch many series at one time. Having a system to recall this is an advantage to users.

My preliminary grade for the site, so far, is C-. Users don't flock to sites with a grade like this.

I seriously doubt this grade gets boosted over the weekend, but the good news is there is room for improvement. Oh dear, is there room.

I'm at a loss why FUNimation refuses to use its very reason for existence on its web pages.

This is the second time I've seen the disconnect between distributing anime and those seeking it through a web site's design.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:32 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
I'm at a loss why FUNimation refuses to use its very reason for existence on its web pages.

You haven't seen British commercials.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:04 am Reply with quote
I hate their forums. It's just one big, unorganized mess with too much intertwining of subjects. ANN has it perfect with the way there's News, Anime, Manga, Retail, Random, etc. I hate the format as well, especially with those ads on the right side taking up about a third of the page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
neumaverick
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Hello,

This is Adam S. from FUNimation. I wanted to thank you for the feedback on our new beta site. Both good and bad feedback on the site will help us make it better. We have a good sized list of possible updates to the site and we plan on talking to our users as we go through these to see what to add next. FUNimation will also be looking for new ideas we haven't thought of yet for the site as well.

If any of you ever want to share some more we have forums on beta.FUNimation.com for tech support and suggestions. you can also e-mail us at [email protected] directly. We check all of these daily.

Thank you again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1