• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Shonen Jump to Publish One Piece Strong World 1-Shot

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:07 am Reply with quote
AWESOME, now if only I had the service Anime hyper
Davy0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
They are probably getting ready for the Strong World dubbing.
ogbemi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:23 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Where are you from? They're slowly but surely increasing their reach internationally, especially through the android and ios apps (pointless if you don't have a smartphone though)
ogbemi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:23 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Where are you from? They're slowly but surely increasing their reach internationally, especially through the android and ios apps (pointless if you don't have a smartphone though)
Sorraffy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
Davy0 wrote:
They are probably getting ready for the Strong World dubbing.

premiering a month from now, they're probably finishing up the dubbing for it
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote
ogbemi wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Oh, that isn't the problem, the problem is just that I'm a freshman college student who has a really REALLY small budget to work with regarding food and books, so this isn't really on my priority list right now. Laughing I was just making light of that in the post to go along with my excitement to see this come to the states.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
ogbemi wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Oh, that isn't the problem, the problem is just that I'm a freshman college student who has a really REALLY small budget to work with regarding food and books, so this isn't really on my priority list right now. Laughing I was just making light of that in the post to go along with my excitement to see this come to the states.

You... don't have a dollar a week? I know college life can be financially tight. But come on! WSJ is the best bargain in comics!
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:
ogbemi wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

You... don't have a dollar a week? I know college life can be financially tight. But come on! WSJ is the best bargain in comics!

A DOLLAR? IT'S THAT CHEAP?!? Well if you'll excuse me then*Runs out*
BelieberHokageSasuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:06 am Reply with quote
I hope this pirate manga doesnt get too popular in north america. this kind of kids comic shouldnt be in ranks with naruto. it was hard enough for kishi senseii to push bleach out of the top ten, now this kids manga comes trying to start a fight with naruto...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
BelieberHokageSasuke wrote:
I hope this pirate manga doesnt get too popular in north america. this kind of kids comic shouldnt be in ranks with naruto. it was hard enough for kishi senseii to push bleach out of the top ten, now this kids manga comes trying to start a fight with naruto...

dude, One Piece has been the top selling manga in Japan for years
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
BelieberHokageSasuke wrote:

Funny how something that started earlier than Naruto and has been far more popular than Naruto for years can suddenly "try to start a fight" with it.

You've tried to say this in another thread too, so I'll lay the facts out for you.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/02/26/the-best-of-the-best-of-manga-shonen-jumps-20-best-sellers-of-all-time/

Out of the top 5 selling Shonen Jump titles of all time, the number of overall copies (as of this past February) sold goes like this:

1. Dragon Ball - 350 million
2. One Piece - 270 million
3. Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo - 155.3 million
4. Naruto - 135.5 million
5. Slam Dunk - 117 million

See how far behind Naruto is to One Piece? Also keep in mind these are global sales. In Japan, One Piece is the #1 all-time seller and Naruto is possibly even below Slam Dunk.

Now, I'm not saying anything about Naruto vs. One Piece, that's all subjective. But the cold hard truth is that, in practically every country other than the US, One Piece is far more successful than Naruto. Always has been, always will be.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

A DOLLAR? IT'S THAT CHEAP?!? Well if you'll excuse me then*Runs out*

So... how did it go?
Hospodar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quote
That "Belieber" is just trolling. You can see it on his username and on the things he writes. He is obvious trying to start some kind of flame war and should just be ignored.

veemonjosh wrote:

Out of the top 5 selling Shonen Jump titles of all time, the number of overall copies (as of this past February) sold goes like this:

1. Dragon Ball - 350 million
2. One Piece - 270 million
3. Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo - 155.3 million
4. Naruto - 135.5 million
5. Slam Dunk - 117 million

This list is not accurate. Dragon Ball has “only” sold 230 Million. 150+Million in Japan and 80+ Million in the rest of the World.
The official site for the Movie said so. The 350 Million is a rumor started from a producer of Dragon Ball Evolution. But the official source (Toei) says 230 Million.
Here is a source:
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-12-03/2013-dragon-ball-z/battle-of-gods-film-story-outlined
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1