• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Submitted, but thought I'd post here (Oban - Star Racers)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quote
(Just realised I forgot the s in the submission, but oh well.)

I couldn't find an entry on this so I decided to submit this. Oban - Star Racers is actually what you would consider a co-production, similar to Micron Legend. We defeantly know the series is japanese-french produced, but I noticed no entries, or even news on this site about Oban - Star racers.

http://www.savtheworld.com/eng/prod.php4

The Opening and ending information is as followed, from their page:

Opening - "A Chance to Shine"
Lyrics & Music Performed - Yoko Kanno
Singing - Akino

Ending - "Waratteta" ("Just Laugh" or "Laughing")
Lyrics & Music Performed - Yoko Kanno
Singing - Sukoshi

The series will be 26 episodes long, and is animated by HAL and Sav! The world Productions. Bandai Visual is somehow involved, though it doesn't mention what. The series will be airing in France on April 12th, 2006. Germany begins May 2006. The series will start in Japan Fall 2006 on TV-Tokyo. (Information on this I beleive came from Tokyo International Anime Fair) United States will begin broadcasting it June 2006.

The Opening and Ending for the US broadcast has yet to be decided on. According to a friend, who may of had some contact with Sav! The World, mentions that Disney (or whoever is bringing it over) doesn't like the opening and ending songs, and wants to change it. Sav! The World apparently is trying to fight so the opening and ending songs are kept, though I have a feeling Disney being as stubern as they've been in the past, may change them.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:03 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:

I'm an idiot. ^^'' Sorry.
dragonfox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:16 am Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Dan42 wrote:

I'm an idiot. ^^'' Sorry.

It's OK, not everybody is a genius. Don't call yourself that. I am sure that you're a great person. Smile

[EDIT: Fixed your grammar and spelling so it would make more sense. -TK]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1