• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FanimeCon 2011 - Viz Media

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hero 108

Anyone know what that is?
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:20 pm Reply with quote
So, June 1 for the "re"start of Reborn via VizAnime/Hulu. I will be there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote
You know, I'm sort of appalled. Everyone on here complains and bitches (...erm, including myself...) about how Viz continues to fail as epically as ever in respect to Monster.

Yet, why doesn't anyone ever bring up that issue at their panels? I mean, that's the best place to do it, really...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:26 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
Hero 108

Anyone know what that is?

It's a Chinese cartoon in the mornings, voiced by Ocean-Vancouver.

Last edited by enurtsol on Sun May 29, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
You know, I'm sort of appalled. Everyone on here complains and bitches (...erm, including myself...) about how Viz continues to fail as epically as ever in respect to Monster.

Yet, why doesn't anyone ever bring up that issue at their panels? I mean, that's the best place to do it, really...

Do you really think that Viz would allow there to be a Q&A at their panel? That would mean that they actually care about what anime fans think, and we know that's not true!
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

I guess the people there likely aren't concerned about it. Perhaps that's telling of it's sales and reception to a wide spread audience.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Do you really think that Viz would allow there to be a Q&A at their panel? That would mean that they actually care about what anime fans think, and we know that's not true!

They don't allow a Q&A at their panel? What the hell? Is this fact?

Covnam wrote:

I guess the people there likely aren't concerned about it. Perhaps that's telling of it's sales and reception to a wide spread audience.

I really, honestly doubt that.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Typically if there is a Q&A then it would be in this writeup. But I see no mention of a Q&A other than the panel took place right after Flow's Q&A.

Usually there's a line about "taking questions from the audience" or something to that extent. Viz hates fan interaction though. I'm amazed they actually had a panel.
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Of course that not true, they had Q&A before(they had one at the last San Diego Comic-Con, though not at Anime Expo but that was because they ran out of time).
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:02 am Reply with quote
So the Aniplex panel hit upon Viz publishing the manga to their Blue Exorcist (meh), but the Viz panel didn't touch on their own licensing/potential distribution of Tiger & Bunny?

If Funimation and Sentai can talk about their far-off future plans for shows, at least in broad detail, why can't Viz?

Quote:
Of course that not true, they had Q&A before(they had one at the last San Diego Comic-Con, though not at Anime Expo but that was because they ran out of time).

BTW is it not possible that the mentioned AX Viz panel ran out of time for Q&A by design? Seems very possible to me Wink
WTK

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:16 am Reply with quote
DarkRoseFairy wrote:
John Casey wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

That's if the (AX '10) panel was scheduled for 50 minutes instead of 60 minutes: link. Leaving 10 minutes (or so) early saying there is no time for Q&A?
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

They often try to avoid Q&A periods nowadays in order to not deal with people asking about the statuses of Monster/Full Moon/Prince of Tennis/MAR/manga cancellations/etc. Heck, they rarely even do panels nowadays.

They've generally been very unresponsive to fans since they've become Viz Media and turned corporate.
Sorraffy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

They've generally been very unresponsive to fans since they've become Viz Media and turned corporate.

Good Ole Viz, caring more about the The Bottom Line than the fans (ie the people who keep you in business).
Shenl742

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, I just bought $200 worth of Viz stuff at Rightstuf's recent sale.

So does that make me the problem, or the solution Laughing
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one excited about the Cinamoroll release? He's my favorite Sanrio character! Maybe they'll license the movie now too....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2