• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi Inn Asks Fans Not to Visit

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote
This is really the sort of thing they need to put in the contracts.

"Our target audience is creepy. Are you still OK with this?"
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I feel sorry for the poor couple. Expecting to be visited by young children, and instead getting....this.
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote
And this story takes another twist for the weird after it was determined the original article on a car blog claiming this was made up.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Hahahah, harem ho-teeeeel! Very Happy
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I would be worried about fans of the original game trying to, erm, RECREATE certain scenes, but considering they're probably all male otaku, that's probably not an issue... >3>
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
I would be worried about fans of the original game trying to, erm, RECREATE certain scenes, but considering they're probably all male otaku, that's probably not an issue... >3>

That's what figures and dakimakura are for!
Niyari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Pretty funny, though I do feel bad for the elders.
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
And this story takes another twist for the weird after it was determined the original article on a car blog claiming this was made up.

Wait what? Someone made this up just to keep otaku from going to that inn (and damage the owners in the process)?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Rise the price for staying a night for the anime fans can you can make bank Razz
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Nemo_N wrote:
bayoab wrote:

Wait what? Someone made this up just to keep otaku from going to that inn (and damage the owners in the process)?

The original story was by some car blogger which has since been pulled and said something similar, that he went to the inn and was told they don't want fans to come. Another blogger contacted the inn and was told the article was a gross distortion of the truth and left out details, specifically that they were gathering at the inn without a reservation there, and thus told to go away. If they had a reservation, they would be welcome to take photos or what not.

Basically, the conclusion of that article is what they don't want is fans who are there to look and not stay.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Another blogger contacted the inn and was told the article was a gross distortion of the truth and left out details, specifically that they were gathering at the inn without a reservation there, and thus told to go away. If they had a reservation, they would be welcome to take photos or what not.

Basically, the conclusion of that article is what they don't want is fans who are there to look and not stay.

That certainly sounds more reasonable. The ANN article made it sound like the couple was thinking, "OMG, these people are not children and are different from the social norm, go away!", which granted it is their business to make such decisions, but still made them seem rude. Your post clears it all up though.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

That's what figures and dakimakura are for!

They're going to be making dakimakura with arms soon, I bet they'll look good in a hot spring yukata. Laughing

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maximym Meyham!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The original story was by some car blogger which has since been pulled and said something similar, that he went to the inn and was told they don't want fans to come. Another blogger contacted the inn and was told the article was a gross distortion of the truth and left out details, specifically that they were gathering at the inn without a reservation there, and thus told to go away. If they had a reservation, they would be welcome to take photos or what not.

If I sound sarcastic, I am begging you, I'm not being sarcastic, you're giving more research and actual documentation to this than any of the reporters send to cover this. Seriously, speculation isn't reporting, it's gossip and second hand guessing.

It's no wonder why people are either skeptic about the news or view the world as some filthball. People need to check their facts on the matter and investigate than speculate.

And please, go on people that live in the US, comment about how your fandom's expression of delight is so much saner than another country's expression. I'm sure there's plenty of dirt for me to cover there.[/quote]
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Maximym Meyham!! wrote:
Quote:

If I sound sarcastic, I am begging you, I'm not being sarcastic, you're giving more research and actual documentation to this than any of the reporters send to cover this. Seriously, speculation isn't reporting, it's gossip and second hand guessing.

Was part of that is speculation? Also what research and documentation? It's a quick translation/summary of the sequence of events according to that blog and the blog that is linked to which says they called the inn. Also, in case it wasn't clear "that article" refers to the one I linked to, not the one ANN linked to.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote
So does this mean the mixed bath is now closed?

Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2