• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2006 - Kadokawa Shoten

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Another fan asked if there were plans to make further Full Metal Panic series. While there was a possibility of making movies or more TV series, the company has not fully decided yet; Sakuda added that they may consider creating one new Full Metal property every two years

Wow a new Full Metal property every two years? That's committment if you ask me, hopefully there will be a series that is completely drama/action....now that the series I want to see. Full Metal Panic: Serious would be the title, I could see it now.......
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Bamboo Dong wrote:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya does not currently have a distributor, but Kadokawa has received several offers from companies; Sakuda expects it to be released in the US next year. With the first volume having sold 60,000 units in Japan, it is one of the most successful anime properties currently on the market.

When asked about the Haruhi novels and manga, Sakuda said that the company has received offers, and there is a chance that those too will be seen next year.
The suspense! The suspense! Who will have the rights to it? It is great that we will get the full Haruhi experience with the animated series, the novels, and the manga. It is amazing these days how an idea can be turned into something more then an idea. It is reassuring that maybe next year we would finally be in awe of Haruhi Suzumiya's glory.

As for a Full Metal Panic! title every two years, where would they get material once they have used up all the novels? Would they switch between action and comedy every other series? It would be nice to have Kyoto Animation animate every new title after The Second Raid.

Full Metal Panic!: Serious, then Full Metal Panic!: Comedy.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Well the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya news is welcomed but the most interesting thing out of the con report, for me, was the description of The Third. I hadn't heard any info on that show before this (other than it was being made) and now my curiousity is piqued to check out this title Smile.
undeadben

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I would definitely be up for another Full Metal Panic, although I'd love to see another Full Metal Panic? more than a serious one, especially if they make a full dramatic one, unless it was a 2 to 4 epsidoe OVA it'd be hard for me to watch. I guess if they do release a fourth series and they follow the pattern it would be a comedy, but then again it could go back to serious if they count the TSR OVA as the comedy in the cycle.

I also like the Karin announcement, I liked that series and wouldn't mind having it on dvd.

Last edited by undeadben on Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I hope The Third gets licensed. I've only seen the first two episodes, but I liked what I saw.

I read on the AoD forums that the Kadokawa rep said that Shuffle! had been licensed, but I didn't see that mentioned in the report (although Shuffle was missing from the list of titles that hadn't been licensed yet).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:31 am Reply with quote
The Third is a nice little show, I think I'd rate it a little under Utawarerumono from this years crop of shows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Isn't the MoHS manga discontinued though? It doesn't make alot of sense to bring the manga over IMO. =\

But it's great to know that the Haruhi anime AND novels are being brought over. I'll definitely be buying them. heck, the Haruhi anime is the only title that I'm considering to buy upon release, and not just waiting for an eventual boxset. Confused

I also like how they brought up Shuffle!, The Thrid, & Karin. Smile But nobody wants Shuffle!? Crying or Very sad Oh well, it was to be expected (I think =\).
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:12 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I hope The Third gets licensed. I've only seen the first two episodes, but I liked what I saw.

Yeah I am really enjoying The Third as well I have seen the first 6 episodes and it's quite the series. Reminds me a bit of Blood+ (Girl with sword) but otherwise definetly one of the 7 shows I am currently watching......that a lot of fansub.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Isn't the MoHS manga discontinued though?

Who told you that?

There are two manga adaptation. The first one was discontinued, but not the second one, which is being released right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Wow a new Full Metal property every two years? That's committment if you ask me, hopefully there will be a series that is completely drama/action....now that the series I want to see. Full Metal Panic: Serious would be the title, I could see it now.......

At present, there are only three novels that haven't been animated (that's not counting the short story collections). They can get roughly six episodes out of each novel, maybe eight with some serious padding (ie: Slayers first episodes). Gatou-sensei could provide some assistance with that as he did with The Second Raid (or so I'm lead to believe).

The short stories are all comedy, so there's more than enough for another comedy series. In fact, to allow Gatou-sensei to continue the serious story, I'd like to see a comedy series done next.
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:50 am Reply with quote
I would love to see a Haruhi license, but I recall at my first Otakon, King Records rep saying that a Da Capo license would probably be anounced that convention, and even hinted that ADV had it. That was like 3 years ago
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1