• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman English Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Good to have a date on when this starts. I wasn't finding any mention of when shows started their broadcast dubs aside from the ones that started last night.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
And everyone proceeded to continue not caring. Laughing
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
why does this show need 5 ADR engineers?

Greed1914 wrote:
I wasn't finding any mention of when shows started their broadcast dubs aside from the ones that started last night.

they are provided in the middle of ANN's article listing all the broadcast dubs and towards the bottom of article on funi's blog listing the shows and dubble talk program
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Let's play a game. First one who can say 3 nice things about think show wins.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
why does this show need 5 ADR engineers?

Scheduling would be my guess. I don't think I've ever seen five on a show, but two is pretty common. Throw in that these episodes have to get done on a weekly basis, and I can see where one or two might not be enough to maintain a timely schedule. I would hope that it doesn't become a habit since consistency amongst engineers is bound to make the director's job easier.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't care about this godawful harem shit Funi. Just tell me who's going to be in Yurikuma already.
#Immie93

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Clifford Chapin is just reeling in the roles. He was Kirito Kamui in Psycho Pass 2 recently. Now he's gone on to pick up roles in Assassination Classroom, Tokyo Ghoul, Tokyo Ravens and now Aria. And they're not minor roles either but I can't complain, his voice fits a lot of characters and he's good. But I have to praise Funimation for working hard to get a lot of broadcast dubs out, hopefully it'll help boost the anime market in the West. Fingers crossed they can put some of that hard work into chucking Evangelion 3.33 onto the shelves.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:24 pm Reply with quote
So if this horrible show is getting a dub treatment, when will Garo get one too FUNi?
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Let's play a game. First one who can say 3 nice things about this show wins.

I'd think of one, but Yu Kobayashi's in the Japanese language.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Felecia is adding this to her list of LN-based anime which includes Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, Ben-To, Haganai, (The) Devil is a Part-Timer!, Date A Live, and High School DxD.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:48 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
I don't care about this godawful harem shit Funi. Just tell me who's going to be in Yurikuma already.

Then why bother posting in this thread except to troll?
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Let's play a game. First one who can say 3 nice things about think show wins.

If you allow individual members of the Japanese voice cast as nice things, I can give you several: Ayana Taketatsu, Aoi Yuuki, Yui Ogura and Maaya Uchida. However, seeing as this is for dub, then, uh. . .

Oh, right! The show is so visually terrible that it might be the funniest thing this season! That's one. And. Um. The theme song's okay if you like all of those identical sounding ALI Project songs. And, uh, the story by itself is slightly less horrible than the other harem shows this season. Those things are sort of nice, I guess.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

Then why bother posting in this thread except to troll?
Who am I going to get angry if I were fishing for attention? Certainly doesn't seem like anyone in this thread is a huge fan of the series. I'm just giving my opinion which is what the comment thread is for is it not?

And why are you singling out my post when pretty much every other post in this thread has the same apathetic vibe to it? Is it because I said a naughty word?
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:

Oh, right! The show is so visually terrible that it might be the funniest thing this season! That's one. And. Um. The theme song's okay if you like all of those identical sounding ALI Project songs. And, uh, the story by itself is slightly less horrible than the other harem shows this season. Those things are sort of nice, I guess.

I don't know why people rag on Ali Project for there songs sounding similar. Since the same can said for most bands or singers if you hear a lot of there songs.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
I don't know why people rag on Ali Project for there songs sounding similar. Since the same can said for most bands or singers if you hear a lot of there songs.

I personally like Ali Project's sound, but they constantly reuse the exact same melodies and song structures in a way that makes their songs feel more like carbon copies of each other, even when compared to other artists. As a songwriter it's always sounded to me like they expend literally no effort on their writing and are happy to just try and regurgitate the exact same thing ad nauseam.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2