• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
House of 1000 Manga - Manga 2.5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for bringing this to my awareness. I'm not sure how much I will enjoy the format, but it's nice to see anime/manga companies being adventurous like this; I will probably give Karasuma Kyōko no Jikenbo a rental. I remember a few years ago reading Hetalia via a Tokyopop mobile phone app, and while it wasn't necessarily a motion comic, it found a pleasant compromise by adding kinetic transitions between panels that made for an interesting and enjoyable reading experience.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
FYI: if you are an Amazon Prime member, then it's free.

I checked out Hadigirl: http://www.amazon.com/Hadigirl-Aya-Hirano/dp/B00FG7HUJQ/ and it's great! Very moe anime-like even with the extremely limited animation. Maybe it's the art and the voice acting.

I don't know how the others compare yet, but given Jason's review, it sounds like I may be disappointed with the older ones
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

I checked out Hadigirl: http://www.amazon.com/Hadigirl-Aya-Hirano/dp/B00FG7HUJQ/ and it's great! Very moe anime-like even with the extremely limited animation. Maybe it's the art and the voice acting.

I don't know how the others compare yet, but given Jason's review, it sounds like I may be disappointed with the older ones

Hadigirl stars Aya Hirano!
They really should have advertised that more... It's basically 90 minutes of Aya being cute.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:32 am Reply with quote
isn't that Mythical Detective Loki on there and not Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok?

it started off as just Mythical Detective Loki when it was inSquare Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan then switched to the title Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok when it switch to Mag Garden's Monthly Comic Blade.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
configspace wrote:

They really should have advertised that more... It's basically 90 minutes of Aya being cute.

Ah no wonder. Yeah it's odd they didn't make any mention that. Well maybe they did somewhere but not advertising it. BTW, were you involved in the translations?
BonnKansan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
samuelp wrote:
configspace wrote:

Ah no wonder. Yeah it's odd they didn't make any mention that. Well maybe they did somewhere but not advertising it. BTW, were you involved in the translations?

Sis and I got the job through Sam, so he was definitely involved Cool

Many thanks to the person noting above that it's free on Amazon Prime - we got to see how it looks in final form! Pretty much matches what we turned in, though unfortunately basic text positioning doesn't seem to work Embarassed Have to remember that for if/when we do another of these.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1