• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: .moe Internet Domain To Hold Logo Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nadir-seen-fire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
I am very interested is seeing what kind of sites are registered for the .moe domain.
One obvious target market would be otaku, but I think that a lot of "normal" people might be interested.
I would not be surprised if some anime and manga publishers use .moe domains to promote their titles.

I have never been able to get a good understanding of how the Japanese, in general, use "moe." I do not think that it has the negative connotations, particularly the loli implication, that some Western anime fans give it, but I am not sure of that.
The blog that the article cites has this:
「.moe」は、2次元も含めた好きで好きでたまらないという感情「萌え」を意味する新ドメインです。
I have doubts about the reliability of the Google translator, but this is what it gives me:
". Moe" is a new domain, which means that unbearable feeling I like I like, including two-dimensional "Moe".

Seeing the new .moe sites could be very enlightening.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1