• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: KISS Singer Gene Simmons Reacts to Love Live's KISS Parody

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue21

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Boku no Pico

Oh boy.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
It's 2014 and we STILL have idiots referencing Boku no Pico to people who don't know much about anime?

For shame internet.......for shame Confused
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Well this is hilarious to read. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
So he either does not know how capslock works(which would not surprise me), or he is pissed off.

Oh well, a lot of already dislike him anyway.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
So when are they going to pay him to do an official anime theme song, already? 'Cus this is clearly where this is headed. Rolling Eyes

Red: I think he's just excited to see the reference.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
So he either does not know how capslock works(which would not surprise me), or he is pissed off.

If any rock star doesn't know how caps lock works, it's David Draiman Very Happy

Pretty sure Simmons is happy that the spread of his fame has crossed well into Japan. Like the article mentioned, he also made a cameo in a live-action Detroit City Metal.
blindworm

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
It's 2014 and we STILL have idiots referencing Boku no Pico to people who don't know much about anime?

they're just guys who say trends to be cool online (sadly thinking it has any meaning) without realizing it's old and done long ago

i'm still seeing people say "still a better love story then twilight"

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

OR it's expressing excitement/accentuation of interest. If he doesn't know "how capslock works", you can say that to the rest of the internet. I'm sure if you've ever been one of the oh so many fortunate people to have dove into the pits of tumblr, you can tell that 99.77% of the userbase on there who use capslocks, are not just using them because they are exclusively pissed off.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
#810558 wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

OR it's expressing excitement/accentuation of interest. If he doesn't know "how capslock works", you can say that to the rest of the internet. I'm sure if you've ever been one of the oh so many fortunate people to have dove into the pits of tumblr, you can tell that 99.77% of the userbase on there who use capslocks, are not just using them because they are exclusively pissed off.

Well, sure, then i'll say it to the rest of the internet. A lot of idiots don't know how to use capslock.

Happy now?

But to me, that looked that an angry post, which is how I will interpret it. If by chance I got it wrong, then he's just an idiot and I still have no reason to care.

Last edited by Rederoin on Sun May 11, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

If any rock star doesn't know how caps lock works, it's David Draiman Very Happy

Pretty sure Simmons is happy that the spread of his fame has crossed well into Japan. Like the article mentioned, he also made a cameo in a live-action Detroit City Metal.

CNN just recently did a half-hour piece on KISS. Yeah, while his other KISS partner leans more on the artistry, Gene is all about business. Part of his mansion is dedicated to all kinds of KISS merchandise. He estimates the KISS brand worth to be somewhere between $1-5 billion. Behind all that mask, he's a pretty smart businessman.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
And this is what I missed by being very behind this season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lizardking461

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
It would seem his excursions into Japanese culture via anima and manga, even ones not directly involving him, are proving more successful than his attempt to publicise himself in Britain by participating in awfully scripted music-based reality shows involving public schools...
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:

I remember when Johnny Carson used to do Tonight Show sketches where he would hold public funerals for Dolly Parton jokes, and cops-in-donut-shop jokes...
So, when are we going to have the big public funeral in Akihabara for the "Recommend hentai/gore/yaoi to newbies" joke? It's been seventeen years, the corpse is beginning to smell a bit ripe.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Typical Twitter. Very Happy

We love to troll. Laughing I would've joked too for a moment. I'm not worried. He is aware of LL now!
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Gene $immon$ bout to steal this idea.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2