• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shining Resonance PS3 Game's Story, Characters Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucy_Nyuu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
God i wished they'd also release this game on the PS4...

I have yet to get a good japanese game for it (I like Onigiri on it, but i don't have the time to seriously play another mmorpg besides Genshin), and i LOVED Shining Ark on PSP.

Let's just hope they don't name any of the characters Penis-- I mean Panis again.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
This is an interesting premise for a story. You have a dragon as the protagonist. Although we can go back to BOF but that really doesn't count considering (the numerous incarnations) the protagonist was human with either the ability to transform into a dragon or use some type of dragon magic. But not a dragon just walking around. And Dragonaut doesn't count either.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
You know I wouldn't mind trying one of these if they ever came out here. The artwork by TT is gorgeous and the combat system looks like a bit of a Valkyria Chronicles and Valkyrie Profile 2 style hybrid. Maybe since it's not a PSP or PS Vita it has a ghost of a chance, but realistically I just don't see it happening as there's a huge difference between how the West handles "older consoles" and how the East does.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Looks impressive, especially the weapons. Am I seeing like ...an accordion cannon? (LOL) Laughing

That halberd is cool too.

EDIT: Whoa, hang on, an organ not an accordion. Organ right?
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
You know I wouldn't mind trying one of these if they ever came out here. The artwork by TT is gorgeous and the combat system looks like a bit of a Valkyria Chronicles and Valkyrie Profile 2 style hybrid. Maybe since it's not a PSP or PS Vita it has a ghost of a chance, but realistically I just don't see it happening as there's a huge difference between how the West handles "older consoles" and how the East does.
I'm glad I don't live in this made up world.

I live in the world where the SNES, PS1, PS2, and now PS3 continued to have a lot of releases in the USA regardless of thier successor being out.

I also live in the world where for pretty much every gen previous to this new one, Japanese developers where the ones who basically filled out the console releases. Meaning they were the ones jumping unto the new systems quickly. Clearly times have changed though with this gen.

As for this game, I guess the problem is Sega themselves. They don't seem willing to release games that will have a lot of translation work. They also haven't had thier niche success like Namco.

One hope with this and Phantasy Star Nova is that we could actually see Atlus bring this one over and since for many gens now they've had no problem supporting old systems, I guess this could happen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
I'm glad I don't live in this made up world.

I live in the world where the SNES, PS1, PS2, and now PS3 continued to have a lot of releases in the USA regardless of thier successor being out.

I also live in the world where for pretty much every gen previous to this new one, Japanese developers where the ones who basically filled out the console releases. Meaning they were the ones jumping unto the new systems quickly. Clearly times have changed though with this gen.

As for this game, I guess the problem is Sega themselves. They don't seem willing to release games that will have a lot of translation work. They also haven't had thier niche success like Namco.

One hope with this and Phantasy Star Nova is that we could actually see Atlus bring this one over and since for many gens now they've had no problem supporting old systems, I guess this could happen.

Eh, other than PS2 I felt all those systems were pretty much dropped like a rock the second their successors came out by comparison to the Japanese scene. Then again the North American market seems to focus on Triple A gaming and cutting edge graphics so it makes sense why they would try to move on to the newest hardware as quickly as possible.

As for Namco Bandai, they pretty much have a monopoly on anime games and either have some sort of magic whereby they can just shrug off market trends and make their own rules or just really know what they are doing in all markets of their emerging multimedia empire right now. Getting to make the new Smash Bros game is pretty Shocked too. Whatever the case the deck always seems pre-stacked in their favor whatever they try to do lately though Sega has made some key acquisitions lately like Atlus so it's not like they're just totally standing around passively. Had Atlus just gone to Namco Bandai like a lot of people expected...I don't even know, but it should at least allow Sega to stand its ground and gain some markets they otherwise wouldn't have.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Okay I am confused about something, can the dragon turn into a humanoid form, or is your character gong to literally walk around as a dragon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1