• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girl Friend BETA Social Game Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:03 am Reply with quote
Kinda what I expected after that domain being registered. Nice to know though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
Seems like one I'll watch just for the seiyuu
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Seems like one I'll watch just for the seiyuu

It's Dog Days all over again, except that Dog Days turned out to be great overall, I can't say the same for this. Hopefully this won't end up like Fantasista Doll which didn't turn out well since the production staff tried to force the game down your throat.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
With so many female characters, could we see a series where it is just one episode dedicated to each girl?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
With so many female characters, could we see a series where it is just one episode dedicated to each girl?

that would be like 100+ eps. Just 13 eps focus on one girl would be better.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
So in Date a Live, where the beta male had a "phone girlfriend" whom he treated real {Like Her, only more depressing}, this was pretty much it, right?

Since a parody of it already reached anime, it's now time for the real non-thing!

Why am I picturing a third person POV shot with a three minute segment involving each girl? Even then, it'd only cover about 91 or so girls so, let's say, "men" who "girlfriends are those 9 "girls" will feel left out...

I see nothing {but good things} coming out of this show!
MKVarana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
Fingers crossed that Miss Monochrome will be in this. o(^-^)o
Yosuke Suzuki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
[img]
MKVarana wrote:
Fingers crossed that Miss Monochrome will be in this. o(^-^)o

So agree ≧(´▽`)≦
She's the only reason i play this game,and judging from GF Kari previous popularity poll,she ranked 5th so it is very likely she will appear in the anime.

GF Kari CM perhaps will give a hints about how the anime will looks like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

that would be like 100+ eps. Just 13 eps focus on one girl would be better.

Laughing True, but I wouldn't be calling for so many episodes.

And, just knowing how many girls there are in this dating sim, I'd say that it leans towards a Photo Kano like structure or harem. Would be extremely surprised to see it focus on one girl due to the "what about my waifu" rule that seems to permeate these kind of series.

Gotta try and please as many fans as possible by making sure "their girl" gets enough/satisfying screen time and development with the MC.

Now, with someone mentioning popularity polls...top 6 getting 2 episodes each gives us the nice 12 episode number.
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Gotta try and please as many fans as possible by making sure "their girl" gets enough/satisfying screen time and development with the MC.

Honestly, I even wonder if they will make this a story with that sort of "MC" at all, or rather if they'll just try to create some sort of story that features all the girls interacting with each other. The latter seems like the more common way to adopt this sort of content these days, rather than the sort of bishoujo-game adaptation approach from the past. It's not an idol anime, but I tend to think they're going to want to sort of aim towards a Love Live feel if they can.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
relentlessflame wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

Honestly, I even wonder if they will make this a story with that sort of "MC" at all, or rather if they'll just try to create some sort of story that features all the girls interacting with each other. The latter seems like the more common way to adopt this sort of content these days, rather than the sort of bishoujo-game adaptation approach from the past. It's not an idol anime, but I tend to think they're going to want to sort of aim towards a Love Live feel if they can.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Just seeing "romance simulation" in the article makes me think we'll get a generic MC with either a harem or story arcs focused on one girl.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1