• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unedited Dbz on Telemundo?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lexx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:57 am Reply with quote
This was a few years ago but did anyone else see dragon ball z on telemundo"its a spanish channel" I was wondering if someone could tell me if it was edited or not. I cant understand spanish but what I saw looked like it was unedited. It showed a lot more blood, scenes that were missing in the us dub, and even gohan's privates when he was relieving himself.

If they showed all that on tv, why cant cartoon network show the same amount of stuff?

Also Tenchi Universe used to be show on channel 8, galavision I think "another spanish channel"
Sakuya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:14 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I do believe a lot of DBZ on there was uncut though I have no clue as to why it was uncut and Cartoon Networks wasn't... It might be because like Japan, Mexico may not have as many restrictions on what is on TV unlike the US who like to keep there cartoon channels and such at G-PG rated material (excluding AS which comes on at night so younger viewers have less of a chance of watching it)... But I know that many of the scenes on that particular channel were edited out of CN because of the material in them... I know this mainly because when I was younger I'd watch that channel even though I didn't know one word of spanish just because I wanted to see the scenes that were cut out from CN's version... But I believe they took it off of there didn't they? It used to come on at 9:00 am on weekdays I believe but it suddenly stopped running the episodes so I stopped watching... I don't know if they just changed the time or what but I never see it on there anymore...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I always watched DBZ in Telemundo, since I knew Spanish I was able to tell what was going on. DBZ is airing on another Spanish channel called KWHY, I live in California so I don't know if other states have this channel. Right now I'm on the Android Saga of the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1