• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (TV)

Genres: fantasy
Themes: Heroes

Plot Summary: When the Majin awoke from the depths of darkness, the deity of fate chose six heroes and bequeathed them with the power to save the world. Adlet, a boy who proclaims himself the strongest on Earth, was selected among the Rokka no Yūsha (Braves of the Six Flowers), and he goes to the rendezvous point — but seven have gathered there. The heroes suspect that someone among the seven is the enemy, and the initial suspicion falls on Adlet.
----------------------------------

I think the choice of the director (Takeo Takahashi) is interesting for this as well as the preview shown awhile ago. In fact, Takeo Takahashi directed Maoyu not so long ago with that being another fantasy show.

I have somewhat mixed thoughts on the studio Passione though but the preview does look better than I had expected. Also heard good things about the series before so I'm excited about this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

The intro delivered style and has a good amount of focus on the fantasy elements that I had expected. The OP theme song is beautifully done imo in terms of lyrics. Good way to get most of the main characters on-screen as well.

I especially liked Adlet's on-screen appearance as he displayed quite a lot of formidable abilities. Definitely some good action in the first half anyways. I'm not sold on this yet but it has my attention. Only 1 cour though.

Excited for next week!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nyron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
You can tell the author is inexperienced. Shameless exposition overload with no subtlety at all

basically I'm expecting an animated JRPG and nothing more, and that's totally fine
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote
It looks like a standard fantasy romp, but the pre-Colombian influence in the character design and architecture differentiates it from the usual European Medieval or Oriental settings.

Adrette is really cocky, but his skills at winning a battle at all costs should make his upcoming battles interesting to watch. Since the premise of this series is part adventure and part mystery-solving, viewers will have to wait to see what the other five members in the party bring to the table. The princess's ability to manipulate blades like a conductor of an orchestra should make her one of the strongest members of the party at a distance.
Sobe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting much at all. My expectations were met too. Rolling Eyes
Nyron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
the girls in this are also hot af
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Pretty decent. The exposition in the middle of the episode wasn't that great (did we really need to learn all of the previous hero name?), but the south american style is pretty cool. Makes me wonder when they'll start talking about human sacrifice. The fight was pretty cool, but I'm not crazy that the main character is a trickster. They still haven't really explain what it actually entail to be a chosen one, seems like they get a mark and that's it, no power up?

For now my two main worries are spoiler[that the main character will end up being the impostor (multiple people who read the LN said that wasn't the case but there's few author and editor on this earth who are smar enough to pull that off Laughing )] and that this'll turn into a boring "the empire is actually the one summoning the demon for [insert stupid reason]".
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:22 am Reply with quote
Arrogance but not without a cause.
spoiler[Adlet] just took it a bit too far..
The spoiler[Demon God] intro story was interesting.
spoiler[Imprisonment time] was kinda fun to watch ^^
Looks like spoiler[the kid was right about his destiny].
Will give it more time before my final decision.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
For now my two main worries are spoiler[that the main character will end up being the impostor (multiple people who read the LN said that wasn't the case but there's few author and editor on this earth who are smar enough to pull that off Laughing )]

I interpreted this as the case during the scene where spoiler[the red mist went into Adlet's cell. Although maybe Fate came in at the last second and saved him.]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
I interpreted this as the case during the scene where spoiler[the red mist went into Adlet's cell. Although maybe Fate came in at the last second and saved him.]

That whole sequence made me wonder if there are more connections between One Flower and Demon Lord than meets the eye. In fact, as things stand after this episode, I'd be very surprised to find that there *wasn't* something going on that *isn't* what it appears to be. As in, I expect there to be a pretty serious plot twist in the future, but I don't want to speculate on what it will be.
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:50 am Reply with quote
I like this one. It's a fantasy that takes itself seriously and I haven't seen any otaku shit so far. I really like the setting design: that city on the water is really cool looking. I like the ancient South American vibe it has. I also like how this world is portrayed as different than ours in more subtle ways in addition to its unfamiliar geography and presence of demons and magic. For example, I really like the fact that this world has a much denser star field in the night sky than ours. It's really beautiful, and it's those kind of little details. It was also really well put together in other ways, like some intriguing storyboarding and character acting. To me it's always these kinds of things that make shows stand out to me, when the exact specifics of animation, storyboarding, and writing go beyond just getting the job done and try to be striking and impactful.

I think the really cock-sure main character and bubbly and kind of trolly princess are interesting and unique personalities that I certainly want to see more of. Her rabbit ears look really stupid, though. I also like the idea of the heroes having different kinds of specialties, and we get some 'normal' ones like swordmasters and fire mages, but also strange ones like the Hero of Salt.

I really want to see where this goes.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quote
My favorite first episode so far. I really like the characters and setting. I thought her rabbit armor looked cute.
xyz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:19 pm Reply with quote
After seeing the rabbit armor, I know it's not for me but I stuck with it for half ep until I got so bored that I stopped watching.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
People who think this is just gonna be an average fantasy adventure, let me just say you have no idea what you're in for. No idea whatsoever. Twisted Evil
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

I think it's kinda funny how Nashetania "plays around" with her food. I mean the carrot part and considering she has a bit of that bunny gimmick vibe around her...lol. It's interesting how close she and Adelt has grown with each other in such a short period of time. The adventure themes of this show is still good while we learn more about the outside world.

I'm alright with some of the 3D artwork of the monsters. I mean, the PV already showed them so it wasn't much of a surprise. We also get the on-screen debut of newer characters and one of them has quite a handy gun with her. Pacing is picking up a bit now. I want to see how much more Adelt can improve in this show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 21