• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action Attack on Titan Director Teases Godzilla Plans

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merxamers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
'Back to the basics'? You mean, it will ignore all the other Godzilla films except for the first one? That's pretty much what EVERY Godzilla film since the late 1990s has done Razz

Oh well, it's cool that another Godzilla movie is being made. I can already hear the complaints of 'The CGI sucks' and 'There's not enough Godzilla' Anime hyper
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
'Back to the basics'? You mean, it will ignore all the other Godzilla films except for the first one? That's pretty much what EVERY Godzilla film since the late 1990s has done Razz

I think he meant fundamentally, not necessarily plot-wise.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Regardless what ends up on screen, I can realistically see a new, if even brief, era of Godzilla movies coming out within the next decade.

Something to toss out is that Godzilla was supposed to be the most blatant form of "warning against the folly of man and technology run wild", in other words if the film follows its roots it should amount to a blatant neon billboard saying "preserve the pacifist clause in the constitution".
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I watched the classic Godzilla films in my youth, some 50 years ago, and they scared the living daylights out of me as a 6 year old. It didn't matter how little money they had to spend and it won't really matter now.

I'll be happy to see the "Man In Suit" rampaging thru miniature cities again. Very Happy

Mark Gosdin
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
The fact that he is working on a new Godzilla project is actually appropriate. Godzilla is a titan who attacks and gets attacked. Heck, I think it would be cool to see a Godzilla movie where the Big G takes one the Colossal Titan.

The Colossal Titan being 100 m tall is also appropriate since Godzilla's shifting size (Counting all the Toho movies, the Hanna-Barbera cartoon, and last years' movie, according to his Godzilla wiki article, he's between 50-212.5 m tall) has including him being the same size (movies include Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah and Destoroyah).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1