• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Regular-Sized New 3DS Heads to N. America Along With Zelda's Hyrule New 3DS XL

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Not a fan of TL of Zelda, but that gold 3ds looks awesome.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY! After so many months of waiting, Americans can now buy the Standard New 3DS.

Of course, the news is bittersweet in that one also will have to buy Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer along with the Standard New 3DS, but I'm just ecstatic the Standard version is here at last, after waiting nearly seven months for it.

However, since I'm not really interested in Animal Crossing: HHD, I'll just wait a bit longer for Nintendo to debut the Standard New 3DS as a standalone.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
FINALLY! After so many months of waiting, Americans can now buy the Standard New 3DS.

Of course, the news is bittersweet in that one also will have to buy Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer along with the Standard New 3DS, but I'm just ecstatic the Standard version is here at last, after waiting nearly seven months for it.

However, since I'm not really interested in Animal Crossing: HHD, I'll just wait a bit longer for Nintendo to debut the Standard New 3DS as a standalone.

I really hope you are right about them releasing a stand alone one later. I don't want to have to buy a used new 3ds from this bundle minus literally everything except the console. 200 bucks seems like a shitty price too even with the game, especially since that's how much the XL is going for, I'm hoping the new 3ds will not cost more than $120.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Finally yes.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
I don't want to have to buy a used new 3ds from this bundle minus literally everything except the console. 200 bucks seems like a shitty price too even with the game, especially since that's how much the XL is going for, I'm hoping the new 3ds will not cost more than $120.

Agreed, that exorbitant $220 price tag is why I'm sitting out on the bundle.
se37

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Finally.... I am so happy that we are getting this. I was going to wait and see any new XL ones that were coming (like we have already started getting) and since I was planning on getting the new Animal Crossing game already it helps. Plus with this new 3DS and my sister already having a Japanese new 3DS she can use the faceplates for them.

I already went ahead and pre-ordered the game ASAP at Gamespot when I heard of the news.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
So for now, they're bundling them exclusively with Happy Home Designer? Well, at least Isabelle is an amazingly popular character. That picture they used for her on the New 3DS makes her look like she has a big white mustache and beard though. (But she is a Shih Tzu, which have facial fur like that.)
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
Wonderful! Wish it was standalone and had the black color option. But nonetheless, we finally have an option of a smaller 3DS.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1