• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Six Charged With Posting Detective Conan, Hunter x Hunter, Vandread Anime Online

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Seems like the same mindset that fansubbers and scanlators have, doing something illegal and justifying it for the sake of helping spread the word of the series. Its still not legal. Justice always end, any and all secrets will be brought to light.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote
I do not know anything about kagamin2 and Google was no help.
Is the use of that specific software significant for some reason?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:24 am Reply with quote
Getting caught over Vandread must be rough.
Kurai_Seraphim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Getting caught over Vandread must be rough.

"Hey man, what are you in for?"

"Arson. You?"

"Posted episode 7 of VanDread to the Internet."

"Ouch. Was that the Wonderful World song?"

"Nah man, I got busted for one of the less memorable episodes."

"That's cold. Hey, you got any matches?"
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:50 am Reply with quote
The Fall of Scanlations and Fansubs Era continues....
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
The Fall of Scanlations and Fansubs Era continues....

This has nothing to do with scanlations or fansubs. This is Japanese fans uploading anime for the benefit of other Japanese fans. It's just ordinary piracy.
SakuraGirl17

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
With more arrests happening and websites being taken down, I can see the end of 3rd party anime & manga websites.

Sure they'll still be around, people WILL find a way to keep them up and running. But before long I wouldn't be surprised if most of them get taken down during this piracy revolution Japan is having by targeting all these sites with illegal downloads.

It's the only natural progression.

Their first step is to actually CATCH the people uploading raw chapters and episodes online to these third party websites so they can bring justice to their actions and then they'll move on to actually taking down these websites as a whole.

It'll be a long battle, with many tears shed by the scanlation and fan translation community. But I think this is a war that the fans of online piracy can't win.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
@SakuraGirl17

Again, this has nothing to do with fansubbing. This is normal anti-piracy operations that have been going on for years, and reported on by ANN probably a dozen times or more.
Ushio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
SakuraGirl17 wrote:
With more arrests happening and websites being taken down, I can see the end of 3rd party anime & manga websites.

Sure they'll still be around, people WILL find a way to keep them up and running. But before long I wouldn't be surprised if most of them get taken down during this piracy revolution Japan is having by targeting all these sites with illegal downloads.

Their first step is to actually CATCH the people uploading raw chapters and episodes online to these third party websites so they can bring justice to their actions and then they'll move on to actually taking down these websites as a whole.

It'll be a long battle, with many tears shed by the scanlation and fan translation community. But I think this is a war that the fans of online piracy can't win.

Most fansubs seem to either just use the crunchyroll or funimation streams as there source for the TV version then buy the Japanese disc's through donations for the uncensored/uncut version later so unless Japan bans exporting not much will change at least for anime and the same goes for manga.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I normally don't have much sympathy for people in these situations, but it really is not worth risking criminal charges for Vandread.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
SakuraGirl17 wrote:

Most fansubs seem to either just use the crunchyroll or funimation streams as there source for the TV version then buy the Japanese disc's through donations for the uncensored/uncut version later so unless Japan bans exporting not much will change at least for anime and the same goes for manga.

fansub groups buy bds? surely if people in jpn are uploading this stuff then i highly suspect bd raws are uploaded
anddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
May they repent for their unforgivable acts of uploading best-selling cartoons onto the internet for people to watch for free. Simply disgusting.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
fansub groups buy bds? surely if people in jpn are uploading this stuff then i highly suspect bd raws are uploaded

Some groups buy, some groups live by uploads from Japanese sources.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing Conan was the one who solved the case and caught the criminals? Anime hyper
Tempest_Wing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
If I was Japanese, I'd probably be serving multiple life sentences. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2