• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World of Warships' Arpeggio of Blue Steel Collaboration Teased in Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:45 pm Reply with quote
The skins look so cool IMO. Can't wait to get them. And though I don't like a lot of the decisions Wargaming makes in their games, I do love how they collaborate with different franchise to make fun events.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah each of there games has a collaboration with some form of anime series.

Arpeggio with World of Warships
Girls und Panzer with World of Tanks
i wonder if they will have something with world of warplanes as well.
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

Wargaming has given up with warplanes and no longer advertise it so I doubt that they will bother with a collaboration project like this for it.
Seska1973

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

Strike Witches sadly do not have real Planes. it is or was popular (Their Commander is from Karls Land (Germany) as example.Great Britain, USA, Italia, Norway, Russia are all there). But this Anime is based on Girls flying with "propeller on a Leg" and "Panty shoots" (well more flyby)

i can not recall an Anime just now, that could fit into World of Warplanes. Old ones 1980-1990 around, are already with modern type of Planes. and the only WW2 Airplanes that appear here and there in Animes are Zeros. there is one "Anime" that could fit in this kind of game. The only one Anime that i recall is "Cockpit", but this is not the "right" stuff for an Game of today
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Seska1973 wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

Strike Witches sadly do not have real Planes. it is or was popular (Their Commander is from Karls Land (Germany) as example.Great Britain, USA, Italia, Norway, Russia are all there). But this Anime is based on Girls flying with "propeller on a Leg" and "Panty shoots" (well more flyby)

i can not recall an Anime just now, that could fit into World of Warplanes. Old ones 1980-1990 around, are already with modern type of Planes. and the only WW2 Airplanes that appear here and there in Animes are Zeros. there is one "Anime" that could fit in this kind of game. The only one Anime that i recall is "Cockpit", but this is not the "right" stuff for an Game of today

Yeah i guess that would make sense..having flying girls as planes in mmo would not really make sense...the only other series i can recall that has heavy focus on aerial combat vehicles is Last Exile...but even they have designs based on world war 1 planes they are to futuristic to be used either...makes u think we should have more focusing on aerial warfare too.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Seska1973 wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

ummm Strike witches was and still is pretty damn big as it is the brain child of Shimada Fumikane who pretty much started the Mecha musume boom of 2000 Also the striker units wont work if their wearing pants.

They could have done the colab with World of Warplanes by doing what Namco did with The Idolm@ster and Ace Combat.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Takao was too great that she could not be shown in this trailer.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty certain that the level of fanservice in Strike Witches pretty much kills any chances of it getting a collaboration with anything.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

I thinking Shidenkai no Maki as future collaboration partner with World of Warplane.

They already done military model kit collaboration with Hasegawa before,
also I'm pretty sure this manga will get anime adaptation in future too.
c933103

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:24 pm Reply with quote
So...is the submarine iona coming tp WOWS?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:30 am Reply with quote
^ Sadly, nope. They confirmed long ago that there will not be submarines. They tried it in pre-alpha or whatever and said they couldn't balance it or something. I imagine it was OP underwater, and completely worthless when surfaced. Torps are crazy good as it is, coming out of no where would definitely make them OP.
Seska1973

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
^ Sadly, nope. They confirmed long ago that there will not be submarines. They tried it in pre-alpha or whatever and said they couldn't balance it or something. I imagine it was OP underwater, and completely worthless when surfaced. Torps are crazy good as it is, coming out of no where would definitely make them OP.

As you can see, if an Enemy Air Carrier player, can manual drop his Airplane Torpedos so near to your Ship, that is impossible to evade, but the Planes tell you they are coming. Now imagine that with Submarines, no Planes are visible. If they would insert Submarines, then they should insert tools to detect them underwater in auto mode
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
WW2 era subs were also painfully slow. you'd always be late to the battle if they included them
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Very cool.

I don't think we will see a super graviton cannon though, a bit too op for this game.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ wrote:
Very cool.

I don't think we will see a super graviton cannon though, a bit too op for this game.

Torpedoes and high-tier battleship guns already have the same effect in WoWS as far as sheer damage potential goes, so including the super graviton cannon would just be redundant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2