• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Episode Earns 43 Million Yen on 36 Screens

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:05 am Reply with quote
Great, now Funimation can dub and release it.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
I'm totally thrilled that this last episode of CGAtE ended with a big bang! Smile
Galap

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:39 am Reply with quote
WOO!

It's been a long road, but we're finally finished.

Akito the Exiled: 2009-2016. I liked code geass, and liked Akito more than the main series (so far), but I think it's definitely the weakest thing Kazuki Akane has done.

Can't wait to see Kazuki Akane's next thing. Hopefully an original TV anime.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
And do the thing where you announce the 10th anniversary project with Taniguchi because this last episode is not it due to laziness.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have an English plot synopsis?

I found a Japanese one but Google Translate was an ass again; all I know is that R*** appears at the end.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:12 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Great, now Funimation can dub and release it.

I know they'll want to wait a while after this episode is released in Japan to release it over here, but they could at least get on releasing the first 2 episodes or something. They've had them for a couple of years and they weren't even license rescues.

I really hope they can get the same VAs back.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:46 am Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
I really hope they can get the same VAs back.

Haven't been following Akito for a while but how many of the Lelouch cast appeared in this? I only know of 3.
jroa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Haven't been following Akito for a while but how many of the Lelouch cast appeared in this? I only know of 3.

Strictly speaking, there are four of them. There's an extra cameo right at the end of the last episode that just provides a small connection to the start of R2. But honestly, it's only in episode three that any of these characters have any relevant participation in the story. Otherwise, they don't do much at all.

In any case, they should be able to arrange something to get the voice actors back for an hour of recording or so (including preparation and a couple of takes).

Galap wrote:

Akito the Exiled: 2009-2016. I liked code geass, and liked Akito more than the main series (so far), but I think it's definitely the weakest thing Kazuki Akane has done.

Can't wait to see Kazuki Akane's next thing. Hopefully an original TV anime.

For the record, the specific release schedule was actually from 2012 to 2016. In any case, that's a surprising point of view. Do you really think it's weaker than Geneshaft and the Escaflowne movie?

I'd honestly find that somewhat hard to believe and would obviously disagree. In my opinion, this is still better than either of those two projects.

Geneshaft had some interesting ideas about gender roles, to be sure, but in practice it was quite boring to watch due to pacing issues and excessive technobabble. Even the action scenes were unexciting.

The Escaflowne film looked beautiful in terms of production values, yet was otherwise a pale shadow of the TV series without effectively establishing its own identity. It attempted to be different, but not in a good or compelling way.

Personally speaking, I like Akito the Exiled more than any of the above.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1