• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Northern Japanese Town Offers March Comes in Like a Lion Goods

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much of that tax donation goes into paying royalty fees & production costs? Will be a good earner for some middlemen, at least.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Sadly for March fans, the gifts will be delivered in May "due to copyright issues."

Since when were the Months of the Year subjected to copyright? Confused Or does this issue have to do with a different show or film that just happen to be "March Comes in Like a Lion"?
Brutannica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
ANN wrote:
Sadly for March fans, the gifts will be delivered in May "due to copyright issues."

Since when were the Months of the Year subjected to copyright? Confused Or does this issue have to do with a different show or film that just happen to be "March Comes in Like a Lion"?

It's not subject to copyright, the manga is. I was making a joke. It's unclear what exactly the copyright issues are, though.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
@Mr. Oshawott: I don't know copyright issues there could even be. Also, it's ironic that these gifts come in May when this month is in the series' title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1