• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Umineko When They Cry Episode 6: Dawn of the Golden Witch Volume 1 GN 13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
With out love it can not be seen, best of luck to you.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote
there are two errors/mistkes in the review; spoiler[erika is not the detective in this arc or at least she has not been given detective authority if you want to be technical, also the thing about battler is not that battler is not his father's son, but rather he is not his mother's son] so to speak , the first part could ahve something added like "like erika was", while for the lates,t maybe omiting that in the review?
Mr. Dent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear you're enjoying it again! Personally, I really like Episode 5, but I guess I can see why you didn't. I hope you keep enjoying this series!
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
there are two errors/mistkes in the review; spoiler[erika is not the detective in this arc or at least she has not been given detective authority if you want to be technical, also the thing about battler is not that battler is not his father's son, but rather he is not his mother's son] so to speak , the first part could ahve something added like "like erika was", while for the lates,t maybe omiting that in the review?

I thought that was only really touched on in the unlockable scene in episode 8 spoiler[where rudolf admits to which the kids so her's would be the dead one and his actual wifes would be the living one]
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
yeah, it's weird, because really , it only needs the phrasing changed, as of this episode we only know that battler is not rudolphs's child or asumu's child, but we don't know if both are true or if only one of these is not true, much less which one of those is not true in case one is not true. so, it's only about changing the review's phrasing so it does not confirm an option as we still don't know if that option is true or not ,spoiler[and, for novel/japanese manga readers, we know that it's actually wrong]
akari_house

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:30 pm Reply with quote
A small correction: Featherine--or rather Tohya Hachijou (I'd strongly recommend differentiating the human and meta world aspects to keep things from tangling too much later)--did NOT write the first two episodes, which were the original message bottles that were found before her work and which were largely part of what would set her onto the subject.

However, the remaining six episodes do appear to be Tohya Hachijou's work, or at least mostly so.
Etrien

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 6 has the wonkiest storytelling in the series, imo. I think one's enjoyment of it will highly depend on how close they are to understanding the "truth" in the story.

As an aside, this volume introduces us to some more fun Higurashi wordplay that's rather obvious on the Japanese side but not so much for English readers:

(Higurashi Spoilers)
spoiler[
Much like how Bernkastel's name originated in Higurashi, how Lambdadelta (34) is a reference to Miyo (34), and how Furudo Erika is a reference to Furude Rika, Featherine/Tohya Hachijou is yet another reference. "Hachijou" (八城) can also be pronounced "Yashiro", meaning shrine. When said with standard o- honorifics, it becomes "Oyashiro". Featherine derives from "Hanyuu", whose name (羽入) is written with the kanji for "Feather" and "In". Tohya, by the by, is written with the kanji for "18".
]

Wordplay for everyone! \o/
I think I honestly banged my head on my desk when I was reading EP6 and made the "Featherine"/"Feather In" connection.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
thanks, I did not know the name connection.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1