• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mia REGINA Performs Opening Theme for Matoi the Sacred Slayer Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote
[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatima_(name)[/url]Fatima[/url] is such a strange name for a secret Catholic organization run out of the Vatican, given that it's an Arabic name popular amongst Muslims, and the name of one of Muhammad's daughters. There's a Portuguese town called Fatima with significance for the Catholic Church, but even that place was named after a Moorish princess, and it only became important to Catholics after an incident in 1917.
So, yeah, secret Vatican organizations show up in anime all the time, but the choice of this one's name takes me right out of the show's suspension of disbelief...unless they chose it on purpose and the anime will have some connection to Fatima, Portugal. Guess I'll wait and see.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
It says Matoi takes the role of a god. To be a god, you have to be a guy. "Goddess" sounds more correct, at least in English, even if it's translated from a Japanese word that could be gender-neutral.
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
The main cast are cute so I'll give it a watch
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
So, the cute girls doing cute thing now explore the spiritualism/religion with exorcism.
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
So, the cute girls doing cute thing now explore the spiritualism/religion with exorcism.
Sounds interesting I never seen a moe anime before so I'll start with this one Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1