• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Valkyria: Azure Revolution Game's Story Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
The game's visuals look a lot worse than I thought they would. Kind of sad considering how amazing VC looked at the time it came out.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
My main gripe with this is that not only does it look completely different than previous games (which would be acceptable) but it's not even the same gameplay but evolved...it's just a regular rpg. So I don't get what's the point.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Probably just that it is easier to market a familiar brand. I mean that is why companies like Nintendo keep doing it.

While I agree completely about the gameplay, one of the best things to me about the first game was the distinct and beautiful visual style of the game. This though... eh, looks just like God Eater or SAO games.

They really better do an amazing job with the gameplay. There are kind of a lot of potentially similar games for this to get buried under. The visuals certainly aren't going to draw attention this time so they better find something that will. They might be hoping it is the name that will draw people, but I don't think this series' brand carries all that much value.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
ryanvamp wrote:
My main gripe with this is that not only does it look completely different than previous games (which would be acceptable) but it's not even the same gameplay but evolved...it's just a regular rpg. So I don't get what's the point.

Of course it looks different from the previous games and has different gameplay as it's a spin-off as opposed to a sequel.
Borderite92

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
From the cut scenes, it looks like they made it with Persona art graphics. Still waiting on actual gameplay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1