• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2nd Kuroko's Basketball Compilation Film Unveils Visuals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCTakato

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:35 am Reply with quote
I've recently started watching Kuroko's Basketball and have been enjoying it a lot. I still don't quite understand what the appeal of these compilation films are when you can just go back and rewatch the series or read the manga if you really want to revisit it? The only time I've watched compilation films and actually enjoyed them were Gundam and Madoka. Gundam had the benefit of improving pacing issues I had with the show and making it more easily digestible for casual fans. With Madoka I thought the improved animation quality was enough of a visual treat to make it a worthy enough experience and it was on Netflix for free anyway. But by and large I always can't help but feel like compilation films are just really long fancy recaps with trimmed down character development.
Nabas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am Reply with quote
CCTakato wrote:
I've recently started watching Kuroko's Basketball and have been enjoying it a lot. I still don't quite understand what the appeal of these compilation films are when you can just go back and rewatch the series or read the manga if you really want to revisit it? The only time I've watched compilation films and actually enjoyed them were Gundam and Madoka. Gundam had the benefit of improving pacing issues I had with the show and making it more easily digestible for casual fans. With Madoka I thought the improved animation quality was enough of a visual treat to make it a worthy enough experience and it was on Netflix for free anyway. But by and large I always can't help but feel like compilation films are just really long fancy recaps with trimmed down character development.

Hmm..... Now that you mentioned "improving pacing issues" the first and some of the second seasons of KnB might actually be needing of that. If you compare them with season 3, you can clearly tell there's a huge improvement in the flow and smoothness of animation. So yeah...... Maybe it's not such a "bad idea" in the end xP especially if the compilation films feature only the games and none of the "In-between drama", if it really does turn out that way, personally I'd actually get them =b
MCAL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I don't watch this show, but I must admit that is a very pretty opening.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1