Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Witch Academia TV Anime's Teaser Video Promotes January Premiere


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11498
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote
Looks really good! I can't wait for this to air next year. The key visual's style fits well for the show too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sahmbahdeh



Joined: 05 May 2015
Posts: 710
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:24 am Reply with quote
Oh man, this looks so good. I am legitimately hyped.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G S Palmer



Joined: 02 Oct 2015
Posts: 245
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:53 am Reply with quote
Does anyone else find themselves oddly reminded of My Hero Academia by this trailer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3449
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:08 am Reply with quote
So a debate that has been going is whether the animation will be downgraded from the Kickstarter and Animator Training Program. From this trailer it looks as good, unless they are just cherry picking Sakuga. The only thing that looks a bit downgraded are the backgrounds, they don't look bad, just not as detailed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
CeaseActivity



Joined: 26 Mar 2014
Posts: 123
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quote
I'm expecting a slight drop in animation quality from the OVA since that's just the nature of TV shows. Still gonna look pretty damn good though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Hayabusa



Joined: 30 May 2012
Posts: 1264
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
So I guess the anime will start from how Akko became the witch that we know and love so much. Oh I am more hyped than ever!



Last edited by John Hayabusa on Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kon'Doriano



Joined: 17 Sep 2016
Posts: 552
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
G S Palmer wrote:
Does anyone else find themselves oddly reminded of My Hero Academia by this trailer?


That's probably because both have "Academia" in their titles lmao.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
firedragon54738



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 3101
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
It looks good hoping this one will pull Trigger out of there funk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
relyat08



Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 4120
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So a debate that has been going is whether the animation will be downgraded from the Kickstarter and Animator Training Program. From this trailer it looks as good, unless they are just cherry picking Sakuga. The only thing that looks a bit downgraded are the backgrounds, they don't look bad, just not as detailed.


I'm sure they are cherry picking to some extent. That's sort of the nature of PVs to begin with, but I am pretty happy with what this looks like so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Lann



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 194
Location: Brighton UK
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:07 pm Reply with quote
why are they starting from scratch? why not just start from where it left off?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Batknight94



Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Lann wrote:
why are they starting from scratch? why not just start from where it left off?


I would assume to make it watchable to new viewers who haven't seen the OVA's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
relyat08



Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 4120
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Batknight94 wrote:
Lann wrote:
why are they starting from scratch? why not just start from where it left off?


I would assume to make it watchable to new viewers who haven't seen the OVA's.


Out of curiosity, have the OVAs ever been available on streaming platforms, or on TV in Japan? I imagine that would be a big barrier, if not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Daelowsensei



Joined: 22 Aug 2016
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
G S Palmer wrote:
Does anyone else find themselves oddly reminded of My Hero Academia by this trailer?


Not even in the slightest.. why do people constantly try to compare animes, I don't understand lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daelowsensei



Joined: 22 Aug 2016
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Batknight94 wrote:
Lann wrote:
why are they starting from scratch? why not just start from where it left off?


I would assume to make it watchable to new viewers who haven't seen the OVA's.


Out of curiosity, have the OVAs ever been available on streaming platforms, or on TV in Japan? I imagine that would be a big barrier, if not.


Last edited by Daelowsensei on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeTroyes



Joined: 30 May 2016
Posts: 422
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
My daughter and I are definitely psyched for this. I thought this should have been a regular series back with the first OVA.

Looks like they're re-starting from the beginning, which isn't all that uncommon in OVA to TV migrations. So long as they don't change or drop any of the characters from the OVAs, it should do fine. I note Akko, Sucy, Lotte, and Ursula at least are in the teaser.

If its going to be on Netflix, does this mean we'll have to wait for the entire season to finish broadcasting before they start streaming it, or will we get them right after they're broadcast?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group