• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi 7-Part Film Project's New Teaser Video Stream

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IdeaOfEvil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:33 am Reply with quote
I just need confirmation that the bluray will have localized English subs, and I'm all over the import =)
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quote
IdeaOfEvil wrote:
I just need confirmation that the bluray will have localized English subs, and I'm all over the import =)

I trust that it will have English subtitles. I already preordered volume 1.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to assume that since 2199 was released with English subtitles, 2202 will be no different! Even if the new series doesn't have subs, I will still get it. I've been waiting for this adaptation ever since I saw that they were producing a new adaptation of the original Yamato!
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
not according to cdjapan it doesn't list any subs for volume 1 of 2202 granted we are still what 3 months plus from release of the theatrical version and 4 plus from the regluar edition.

edited to include link for proof on the lack of subs listed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:52 pm Reply with quote
^ If true this could be a side-effect of their previous claim that they were looking into offering both 2202 and 2199 internationally. Hopefully they're actually making progress on that front...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:29 am Reply with quote
The USA DVD release of the TV series from a years ago was authored by the founder of this site, Justin Sevakis. That alone should be an incentive for some people to buy those DVDs.
russ869

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:54 am Reply with quote
It's not. I would never buy this series on DVD instead of BD.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:13 am Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
It's not. I would never buy this series on DVD instead of BD.

Yeah. I would have double-dipped if the dub sample that was posted online had been greenlit for a full dub but I completely agree, the first season deserved blu-ray, it was gorgeous.

doubleO7 wrote:
^ If true this could be a side-effect of their previous claim that they were looking into offering both 2202 and 2199 internationally. Hopefully they're actually making progress on that front...

Here's hoping. I certainly would have imported again if needed, so I hope they intend to offer something.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote
Keep in mind that they didn't announce the subtitles for 2199 until less than a month before the first chapter was released on April 7 2012:

ANN Report from 03/14/12 on 2199 Subtitles

Going by that, we may not hear until January. Of course, it's still up in the air given their plans for international distribution this time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1