• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Gintama Anime's Promo Features Voice Acting

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:53 am Reply with quote
for better or worse this show looks exactly the same today as it always has. i couldn't keep up with it, personally. way too much filler.
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:25 am Reply with quote
rtil wrote:
for better or worse this show looks exactly the same today as it always has. i couldn't keep up with it, personally. way too much filler.

It's sure that 22 fillers on 316 episodes is way too much Rolling Eyes
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:15 am Reply with quote
rtil wrote:

You are confusing sol with filler. Laughing
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:27 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Gintama understands the importance of filler...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4S9NuI6NKo
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:06 am Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:
rtil wrote:

Would the correct term not be episodic or self contained stories.
Yorozuyasan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:41 am Reply with quote
rtil wrote:

Gintama is the only anime that even its fillers are natural and hilarious. The characters are so epic to the point that we enjoy the show even if they only jump on the screen. At least they don't drag the serious arcs like all the other Shonen series. As a matter of fact the highly paced action and story line is super fast to the point it's actually frustrating. Fillers are unbearable with shows like Bleach and OP and all the others because they kill off the main plot with boring long fillers and stupid flashbacks. This doesn't apply to Gintama and its episodic nature.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:26 am Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:

Too many people these days are polluting the meaning of the term by using it for anything in a series they don't care for. I've even often seen it used in relation to original anime.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
I don't like the word "filler" in general because of the negative undertone it has gotten over time. I'm just enjoying an anime how it is and episodes, which are not part of the source material aka the actual meaning of filler, I prefer to call them "anime originals", because not all anime original episodes are bad and not all anime originals have the purpose of giving the source material more time.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
rtil wrote:

You are funny dude. Gintama always avoiding filler by having few hiatuses so the anime can rest and avoiding catch up too close to manga. It is not your typical long running shounen anime and probably one of anime that you can enjoy filler arcs.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
rtil wrote:

There is barely any filler in Gintama...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1