• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saiyuki Reload Blast Anime Reveals 1st Promo Video, Cast, Staff, July TV Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:36 am Reply with quote
This looks like a really cool action shounen. Seems generic and nothing too out of the ordinary but it's got cool dudes doing cool things and I daresay am a sucker for that. Time for me to watch the other two series before this Very Happy
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:38 am Reply with quote
The return of Saiyuki!!!!!!!

Quote:
The anime will be the first Saiyuki anime that Pierrot will not be animating.

and it feels so good! Very Happy
Ashymo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
This looks like a really cool action shounen. Seems generic and nothing too out of the ordinary but it's got cool dudes doing cool things and I daresay am a sucker for that. Time for me to watch the other two series before this Very Happy

*Josei. And it's far from generic. Also I would rather recommend reading the manga instead, as they butchered the story in the previous adaptations(except for some OVAs).
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:50 am Reply with quote
Ashymo wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

*Josei. And it's far from generic. Also I would rather recommend reading the manga instead, as they butchered the story in the previous adaptations(except for some OVAs).

Forgive me for my error. Since it was Pierrot that animated the previous works I'll take your recommendation and read the manga so I can see for myself (besides, can't go wrong favoring the source material lol)
Ashymo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Ashymo wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

Forgive me for my error. Since it was Pierrot that animated the previous works I'll take your recommendation and read the manga so I can see for myself (besides, can't go wrong favoring the source material lol)

No you weren't entirely wrong, the franchise started off as shounen as well since it was serialized in Gfantasy, which is a unisex magazine. That's great to hear, have fun reading it.

Last edited by Ashymo on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
souji5okita

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:36 am Reply with quote
Saiyuki will always have a special place in my heart as the first anime to really get me into anime outside all the big popular shows in the early 2000s. I think it is also the first manga series I ever read. I know it has its faults, but I just love it so much. But being the pessimistic person I am, I wish they had started at the beginning of the series instead of starting at the authors current series that only has 2 volumes release. There are 23 volumes (Saiyuki Gaiden, Saiyuki, & Saiyuki Reload) that take place before Saiyuki Reload Blast and they didn't have the best anime adaptions. Just do the HxH thing and animate it from the start.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:12 am Reply with quote
I want to hear this dubbed with the cast from reload and gunlock. Loved Lex Lang as Sanzo
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:26 am Reply with quote
Yeah! The old cast is returning! Viva Saiyuki!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:35 am Reply with quote
Wow this show has so many entries, OVA, TV re-adaptation, TV sequel, OVA sequel, OVA prequel, Movie etc. If I can find a torrent I will watch it from the beginning, so I probably won't see this until after it has finished airing. .
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:57 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
The return of Saiyuki!!!!!!!

Quote:
The anime will be the first Saiyuki anime that Pierrot will not be animating.

and it feels so good! Very Happy

isn't that a really bad thing
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Ashymo wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

no Pierrot did an awesome job with the series
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:51 am Reply with quote
That was unexpected. A new Saiyuki anime.
In related news, i wonder if the author will finally finish the story since the Saiyuki gang has been travelling West for a "very" long time.
7PhoenixAshes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:49 am Reply with quote
I"m so, so, excited!!

I was recently watching the original anime from 2000 and the new trailer's animation, character designs and backgrounds are like night and day compared to the old one.

And just maybe...this might cause the manga license to get rescued from Tokyopop's corpse and we can finally get the 10th volume of Reload in print...
Peebs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
All that matters is that the original VA return because none of them will sound the same without their voices. I breathe a sigh of relief and dance the dance of victory.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Ashymo wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

Pierrot's adaptation was not bad. That is why this new production decided not to do it from the beginning.

souji5okita wrote:
Saiyuki will always have a special place in my heart as the first anime to really get me into anime outside all the big popular shows in the early 2000s. I think it is also the first manga series I ever read. I know it has its faults, but I just love it so much. But being the pessimistic person I am, I wish they had started at the beginning of the series instead of starting at the authors current series that only has 2 volumes release. There are 23 volumes (Saiyuki Gaiden, Saiyuki, & Saiyuki Reload) that take place before Saiyuki Reload Blast and they didn't have the best anime adaptions. Just do the HxH thing and animate it from the start.

HxH of 1999 is better than the one of 2011
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2