Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Netsuzou Trap -NTR- Episodes 1-12 Streaming


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 2740
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:32 am Reply with quote
I found the entire show to be fan pandering trash, and the advances Hotaru makes on Yuma border on sexual abuse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Posts: 3149
Location: New York state.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I found the entire show to be fan pandering trash, and the advances Hotaru makes on Yuma border on sexual abuse.


Kind of the same issue I have with the majority of ecchi titles. While I don't mind sexual content in anime, Japan has a bad habit of making things non-consensual with the sexual antics within many of their titles which irks me more than turns me on. I've come across a few yuri manga titles online that go in a similar direction with their perverted moments as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 2740
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:35 am Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Kind of the same issue I have with the majority of ecchi titles. While I don't mind sexual content in anime, Japan has a bad habit of making things non-consensual with the sexual antics within many of their titles which irks me more than turns me on. I've come across a few yuri manga titles online that go in a similar direction with their perverted moments as well.


I agree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 3477
Location: Virginia, United States
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I found the entire show to be fan pandering trash, and the advances Hotaru makes on Yuma border on sexual abuse.


Kind of the same issue I have with the majority of ecchi titles. While I don't mind sexual content in anime, Japan has a bad habit of making things non-consensual with the sexual antics within many of their titles which irks me more than turns me on. I've come across a few yuri manga titles online that go in a similar direction with their perverted moments as well.


While probably all true above, Japan is not in the business of making politically correct anime. Personally, I am glad that is true. Otherwise most anime would be like the West.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jenthehen



Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 540
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this anime (and have been enjoying the manga as it's released in the US). I think it may have been stronger with full episodes if they would use the time for developing Hotaru's character more - would have felt less rushed.

Yes, there is a ton of (very well done) fan-service, but the ending was actually really satisfying and exactly what I wanted out of the story. No, it didn't portray the healthiest relationships, but that wasn't the point and would have been boring - it was supposed to be soap opera melodrama!

We did learn that Hotaru has issues with self-hate - didn't she say that she doesn't deserve a good significant other at one point? It's not difficult to discern her issues from her behaviors, but seeing more from her POV would have helped, I agree. Also, like, where are her parents?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CatSword



Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Posts: 689
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:26 am Reply with quote
The ending made the show worth it for me. spoiler[Actual, confirmed yuri, instead of a ridiculous vague non-ending or cliffhanger that'll never be resolved just to get you to read the manga.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Ggultra2764
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Posts: 3149
Location: New York state.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
While probably all true above, Japan is not in the business of making politically correct anime. Personally, I am glad that is true. Otherwise most anime would be like the West.


I never said I wanted political correctness in anime. I like good sleazy sexy stuff in any medium provided initiating said acts are consenual with the parties involved. However, anime and manga more often than not has the bad habit of making its perverted stuff nonconsenual with one of the parties involved in initiating perverted acts and as discussed by TsukasaElkKite, the acts border into sexual abuse or rape depending on the circumstances. I'm not sure why Japanese audiences would gravitate toward such things in the medium, but I'm not a fan of it with many ecchi and hentai titles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zoneflare



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 369
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I loved this series and it's characters. Hope to see it licensed and released on Blu-ray here in the US
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
st_owly
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 5004
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I found the entire show to be fan pandering trash, and the advances Hotaru makes on Yuma border on sexual abuse.


I was of the same opinion when I read the first volume of the manga. I agree with Ggultra on liking sexy/sleazy media. I don't find borderline rape/sexual assault a turn on, regardless of the gender of the characters involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TarsTarkas



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 3477
Location: Virginia, United States
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:

I never said I wanted political correctness in anime. I like good sleazy sexy stuff in any medium provided initiating said acts are consenual with the parties involved. However, anime and manga more often than not has the bad habit of making its perverted stuff nonconsenual with one of the parties involved in initiating perverted acts and as discussed by TsukasaElkKite, the acts border into sexual abuse or rape depending on the circumstances. I'm not sure why Japanese audiences would gravitate toward such things in the medium, but I'm not a fan of it with many ecchi and hentai titles.


I understand your concern and why you don't like it. Though I think you should have said, the 'intended' audience. Which would explain the gravitation. Also, such things are part and parcel of real life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TasteyCookie



Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 219
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I honestly couldn't find anything I like about this show. I love ecchi shows and enjoy some good T&A when it's quality, but NTR was just not good. The art was never good enough to be titillating, not to mention the girls breast size changes every frame and was just distracting. The story was trash, both in quality and in content. The adaptation was poor if you're a fan of the manga and overall the only positive I have for it is they gave us a dedicated yuri ending.

If you're looking for smutty goodness, I can think of 20 shows that are all much better than NTR in every aspect. Giving B- is waaaaay too generous. Just because it's "dark and moody" doesn't make it good. If you like watching characters get abused and the abuser getting rewarded for it, then this show might be for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Animechic420



Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 1307
Location: A Cave Filled With Riches
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quote
One doesn't need to watch this anime to know how stupid its story will be. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshmallowpie



Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 78
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I always looked at the manga with disgust when seeing it on store shelves or Amazon, but since it was only ten minutes, I thought I'd try out the anime, see how bad it really was. I actually ended up enjoying it. It's trashy, but still kinda interesting and fun. I've watched way worse anime in the quest for yuri.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Random Name



Joined: 24 Nov 2016
Posts: 349
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Takeda represents the safer and more conventional option: a handsome guy who seems to be genuinely in love with Yuma and is decent enough not to push Yuma into sexual situations she's not ready for.
From what I remember he consistently tried to force himself upon her and when he was rejected complained how she did not love him. Mind you I only watched like 4 episodes before I couldn't stomach anymore but he never really struck me as a decent person. Maybe it's because it was just shorts but I never felt a connection with any of the characters and I stopped watching since I didn't find any of them likable and cared very little what happened to them. This was a shame and probably the show I was most disappointed in since I didn't know what it was really about before hand and was looking forward to it. So I guess it was my mistake expecting yuri in a yuri show....oh well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Compelled to Reply



Joined: 14 Jan 2017
Posts: 96
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
While probably all true above, Japan is not in the business of making politically correct anime. Personally, I am glad that is true. Otherwise most anime would be like the West.


I never said I wanted political correctness in anime. I like good sleazy sexy stuff in any medium provided initiating said acts are consenual with the parties involved. However, anime and manga more often than not has the bad habit of making its perverted stuff nonconsenual with one of the parties involved in initiating perverted acts and as discussed by TsukasaElkKite, the acts border into sexual abuse or rape depending on the circumstances. I'm not sure why Japanese audiences would gravitate toward such things in the medium, but I'm not a fan of it with many ecchi and hentai titles.

I'm not sure if politically correct is the term you're looking for. I don't know, a series about two lesbians cheating on their "boyfriends," one being a cuckold Mr. Nice Guy and the other an abusive piece of shit, sound quite "progressive." Don't like the sexual advances? It's called fiction. Also, plenty of smutty stuff you speak of is made in the West, but you have to know where to lurk. Understand this isn't your typical mainstream animanga, even by yuri standards, and the creator herself intended to have the kind of plot where everyone are not-so-nice-people in the first place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group