Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan's Wit Studio Animates 2018 Pokémon Film With OLM


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 974
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I really like the artstyle. It's pretty amazing looking, but will WIT Studio survive?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Satoshi....your eyes. So since Lugia is there and that flute is playing can I expect Raibaru to be the theme song? You know...Orange Archipelago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ronie Peter



Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 120
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I learned that Production I.G has always been the main support of OLM. Apparently they made an exchange. Good for Wit, who besides winning with the film, still establishes good bonds with animators of the studio.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ronie Peter



Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 120
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:28 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
I really like the artstyle. It's pretty amazing looking, but will WIT Studio survive?


Yes, he will survive. You should not care what people say: Wit Studio already has a number of early works that it has announced for next year. Many people overhear talking about one more job a year, and they already conclude that the studio is going to be all messed up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fantaselion



Joined: 22 Dec 2016
Posts: 316
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Ronie Peter wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
I really like the artstyle. It's pretty amazing looking, but will WIT Studio survive?


Yes, he will survive. You should not care what people say: Wit Studio already has a number of early works that it has announced for next year. Many people overhear talking about one more job a year, and they already conclude that the studio is going to be all messed up.


Why are people thinking Studio Wit won't survive in the first place?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 974
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:48 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
Ronie Peter wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
I really like the artstyle. It's pretty amazing looking, but will WIT Studio survive?


Yes, he will survive. You should not care what people say: Wit Studio already has a number of early works that it has announced for next year. Many people overhear talking about one more job a year, and they already conclude that the studio is going to be all messed up.


Why are people thinking Studio Wit won't survive in the first place?

For a studio that usually pumps out 1 or maybe 2 anime a year to suddenly have 4 things lined up in a single year is pretty intense. Considering how much work they seem to be putting in all of them. In 2018 they have the continuation of AMB, AoT S3, Kabaneri s2 and a Pokemon Movie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Engineering Nerd



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 604
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 am Reply with quote
Also don't forget Laughing Under Clouds film next year, along with 2 AOT OADs, and some video game animations.

Yes, they are quite busy.

But such is the life of the subsidiary of Production IG. Hope they can handle it,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Oink



Joined: 06 Jul 2016
Posts: 876
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 am Reply with quote
Satoshi went full shota Laughing:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malvarez1



Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:43 am Reply with quote
The last Pokemon film actually really impressed me, so I'm hyped for this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Oshawott



Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 6773
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 am Reply with quote
This is Ghibli-level animation that I'm seeing here! Surprised I can't wait for the next trailer of the 2018 Pokémon film!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Somer-_-



Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 613
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:36 am Reply with quote
I hope they use Lugia's song from the dubbed version of the second movie as well. But I shouldn't get my hopes up what with how the music usually goes with this franchise lately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fenrin



Joined: 19 Dec 2015
Posts: 465
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:51 am Reply with quote
Hope it's better than the last movie, I caught the last hour of it on tv and both Ash and the plot was so annoying that I would have changed it right away if my sister weren't watching it. Pokemon 2000 is probably my favorite Pokemon movie so I'm cautiously optimistic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sim0n2170



Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 151
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:31 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
fantaselion wrote:
Ronie Peter wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
I really like the artstyle. It's pretty amazing looking, but will WIT Studio survive?


Yes, he will survive. You should not care what people say: Wit Studio already has a number of early works that it has announced for next year. Many people overhear talking about one more job a year, and they already conclude that the studio is going to be all messed up.


Why are people thinking Studio Wit won't survive in the first place?

For a studio that usually pumps out 1 or maybe 2 anime a year to suddenly have 4 things lined up in a single year is pretty intense. Considering how much work they seem to be putting in all of them. In 2018 they have the continuation of AMB, AoT S3, Kabaneri s2 and a Pokemon Movie.
AoT Season 2 Recap movie, Koi wa Amaagari no You Ni (12 epi series), 2 AoT OVAs, 2 Donten ni Warau Gaiden Movies as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dark13



Joined: 04 Oct 2015
Posts: 531
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:32 am Reply with quote
WTF is going on with the Pokemon movie franchise ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnowWarren



Joined: 29 May 2014
Posts: 207
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:53 am Reply with quote
Love the art style! So are we continuing the reboot story or is this taking place after Sun and Moon?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group