• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man Arrested for Emailing Threat to Voice Actress Ayana Taketatsu

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 am Reply with quote
This is eerily simular to what happened to the singer Salena, only this time it was stopped before something could happen.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:17 am Reply with quote
Welp, usual otakuness overload from Japan. Good thing he was apprehended before he could do something to Taketatsu-san, I can't have my Dagashikashi and Koizumi lead gone because of some rabid asinine fanboys.
MadaraSaynora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:04 am Reply with quote
the dark side of Japan, gosh I hate this kind of news
theshillito

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:39 am Reply with quote
What on Earth has she done? I can't think of any reasons for people to send threats to her, unless she got a boyfriend or something and it didn't make the news... I dunno, don't do this. 7000 threatening messages...geez...

Anyway, this might explain the heightened security at her concerts and why I've been struggling to book tickets as they won't let anyone in who isn't the named person on the ticket (so no proxy services or ticket reselling).
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36 am Reply with quote
Typical behavior of these sort of people. It sounds like this person would have been better off looking for work if he's unemployed, rather than stalking someone he doesn't even know personally on the internet. The guy definitely has some sort of mental issue given the circumstances. I hope he's proud of himself.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that caught him. How dare he threaten Leafa!

Quote:
According to police, the suspect sent Taketatsu a message that said, "You've been so full of yourself lately. I'll never forgive you. It'd tick me off if I do nothing. Die die die,"

Always funny reading what they say in their letters.

Quote:
The suspect is a former leader of Taketatsu's fan club.

Always the former leader. smh
Danny6074

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Perfect Blue... inspired by true events lmfaooo
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Dangerously unfortunate. Sad Thank goodness the perpetrator gets to spend the night in the slammer.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:15 am Reply with quote
If this happened in the USA, I would consider this an exception to free speech. Sure, threats are common online, but this reads like a legit threat and not a "I'm kidding" threat.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
If this happened in the USA, I would consider this an exception to free speech. Sure, threats are common online, but this reads like a legit threat and not a "I'm kidding" threat.

I was kind of wondering this too. 'Typical' invasive or stalking cases over here seem to be very tricky in prosecuting until the cycle of escalation enters the 'extreme'. Details in broad terms appear to cover a broad range of crimes from showing up at a person's work or business, unwanted social advances, vandalism, home invasion, online harassment, defamation, physical or emotional threats, vague justification for behavior(s), motivations for perceived personal connections, disclosure of personal information, etc.

I know each case is unique and there are a whole list of other forms of this harassment, but the prevalence of social media has given a new sense of power and ability to gain access to personal information. The concept of 'doxxing' in a general sense still falls into this category.

At least someone seems to be listening and protecting these idols. I hope this is not an exception compared to private citizens and I hope Japan moves quick on all these cases as well. It is hard to tell when an instance crosses the line between serious and 'just kidding', also based on cultural standards/differences, but fear itself is powerful enough in any case, and no one should have to experience something like this. Sad

Perfect Blue is an incredible, unsettling movie for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:02 pm Reply with quote
While I don’t understand the intricacies of Japanese law you would think after the first 100 threats that the police could have arrested him for something. It is just surprising that this went on for more than 3 years with over 7,000 threats. Good to hear that the guy finally got arrested.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1