• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Inuyashiki Film's Trailer Reveals Man With a Mission Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Just gonna point out before anyone else does that Ando's seiyuu from the anime is playing him in the movie.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 pm Reply with quote
HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON TH- what? No? Crap...
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 pm Reply with quote
This looks really darn cool--yet it makes me wonder when we'll be seeing any new footage of the live-action Bleach movie, which Shinsuke Sato directed and presumably finished up before he started on Inuyashiki
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:20 am Reply with quote
It also reveals some awful CGI robotics... even worse than the anime. I didn't think that was possible.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am Reply with quote
Yes, compared to live action Hollywood the CGI is bad, but by Japanese standards it's pretty cool. Plus this actually has competent directing that feels cinematic, unlike some other live action films.

I wouldn't say I'm hyped, as most live actions are quite terrible, but given the nature of the source material this one has a better chance than most of being alright. I'll definitely give it a shot when it hits Australian cinemas. All hail our Madman overlords.
russ869

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I'll watch any Shinsuke Sato film. Which reminds me, I better get around to watching the Library Wars movies. Strange that ANN doesn't show the I Am A Hero movie under his credits. I guess the encyclopedia doesn't have an entry for it yet. Really hoping they make a sequel to that one.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
I'll watch any Shinsuke Sato film. Which reminds me, I better get around to watching the Library Wars movies. Strange that ANN doesn't show the I Am A Hero movie under his credits. I guess the encyclopedia doesn't have an entry for it yet. Really hoping they make a sequel to that one.

I never read the I am a Hero manga, but I thought I heard the movie ended in the same spot. Anyway, Shinsuke Sato has become a new favorite of mine as well due to his movies' guaranteed entertainment value, and the Library Wars movies really are quite good!
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Actually looks better than the anime, the story at least. Let`s not talk about CGI, kay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1