• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kingdom Hearts III Briefly Listed With November 1 Release Date

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:47 am Reply with quote
November 1 is a very believable release date, as it'll put it nicely in the holiday game season. Too close to Christmas, and you limit the number of shipments that can go out, and run the risk of delays due to weather.
Kefkiroth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:01 am Reply with quote
I can already imagine an ad with the "III" slowly turning into "11/1" with the slash fading in or something.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:10 am Reply with quote
I'll believe it when I see the actual gam released. I have trust issues with Square...
kakoishii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:42 am Reply with quote
My guess is it was a tentative release date that someone on the development end jotted down that hasn't been confirmed yet, and this tentative date got accidentally pushed while Amazon was updating listings. I would be thrilled to see this finally come out in November, but I won't hold my breath until official word is given by Square. I'm going to be conservative with my expectations and guess that this will get pushed back for an early 2019 release.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:09 am Reply with quote
KH III was announced by name in 2010: https://www.engadget.com/2010/03/25/nomura-mentions-three-more-kingdom-hearts-games-in-interview/ but it has been officially talked abut since 2006. Meaning that i will believe that this game is coming out this year (or decade...) the moment i hold it in my hands.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SailorPluto1313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Kefkiroth wrote:
I can already imagine an ad with the "III" slowly turning into "11/1" with the slash fading in or something.

That is brilliant and I really hope that happens now! XDDDD
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Ooooh, guess it'll be 2019 at this point then? I mean, they said in 2013 it'd be out "in 3 years" and I'm pretty sure it's not 2016 anymore. I'll believe it's actually out when I see it. In the meantime, maybe I'll just assume another spinoff will come out instead or something Rolling Eyes

That said, if they somehow DO get this out on 11/1, Kefkiroth is right, that would be a brilliant marketing gimmick on their part.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Kefkiroth wrote:

I love this and I can see this happening.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:56 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Ooooh, guess it'll be 2019 at this point then? I mean, they said in 2013 it'd be out "in 3 years" and I'm pretty sure it's not 2016 anymore.

It was announced in 2013. The "in the next 3 years" comment was made in 2016. They've also said that the release date will be announced at E3 this year.
Adv193

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Much like with the leak regarding the Mega Man X Collections prior to Capcom confirming it, I will consider this a possibility until Square Enix gives official confirmation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1