• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vegito Blue Joins Dragon Ball FighterZ Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadHi

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Every DB game I've played I always did so with the main objective of unlocking Vegito ahead anyone else or completing the story mode.

I'd love to meet the idiot writers of DB Super so I can bash their faces for that BS potara retcon that nerfed Vegito and robbed him of his appeal.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm confused. Vegito Blue was announced like a month ago. Late April. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcLWyQNV_z0

I guess the only news here is the date? Well we didn't even get a real "date", but there's 11 days left in the month so it's an easy guess. I'm gonna guess the 23rd or 30th (more likely). Why? Because previous DLC characters have been released on a Wednesday.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote
MadHi wrote:
Every DB game I've played I always did so with the main objective of unlocking Vegito ahead anyone else or completing the story mode.

I'd love to meet the idiot writers of DB Super so I can bash their faces for that BS potara retcon that nerfed Vegito and robbed him of his appeal.

Vegetto literally defused in the original series before everyone's eyes despite being told it was "permanent". Not to mention Vegetto only appeared very briefly in the original manga too. Not to mention Toriyama came up with the Potara "retcon" for DBS so...
MadHi

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Vegetto literally defused in the original series before everyone's eyes despite being told it was "permanent". Not to mention Vegetto only appeared very briefly in the original manga too. Not to mention Toriyama came up with the Potara "retcon" for DBS so...

Yeah, it happened right after they absorbed Buu and thus it was apparent, and obvious being inside Buu had something to do with it. That's been the explanation for years both in-universe and outside sources.

It was also revealed that Toriyama didn't want to include Vegito in Super and he was supposed to be a one-time character.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I'm confused. Vegito Blue was announced like a month ago. Late April. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcLWyQNV_z0

I guess the only news here is the date? Well we didn't even get a real "date", but there's 11 days left in the month so it's an easy guess. I'm gonna guess the 23rd or 30th (more likely). Why? Because previous DLC characters have been released on a Wednesday.

Those videos aren't official sources, as we're not exactly sure how those YouTube accounts got a hold of them. Bandai Namco Ent. has never confirmed Vegito Blue officially until now in V Jump.
Omegaplib

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Bandai Namco Taiwan uploaded the trailer earlier this month by accident. However, Bandai Namco still refused to comment or acknowledge this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1