• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Summer 2018, Aug 12-18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:05 pm Reply with quote
It hurts to see Grand Blue diving further to the bottom of the cumulative list almost every week.
Pretty cool to see Planet With in the Top 5 this week tho.
Skydrop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:42 pm Reply with quote
its really pleasing to see Planet With ranked up high since it really got good. Hope it continues to surprise us more and more.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:11 am Reply with quote
A lot of my favorite internet people praising the heck out of Planet With makes me really excited to binge it when it finishes. I hope it ends as strongly as it apparently has been throughout the season so far.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy to see GeGeGe no Kitarou vault into first place on the strength of one of the best single episodes I've watched in months. It's a moody reflection on Japan's role in World War II and a criticism of the distorted view of the War presented at school. For a "family" or "kids" show, this episode marks the third or fourth time when Kitarou deals with serious issues like this. A couple of episodes focused on the very adult problem of overwork.

This is, bar none, the best "childrens'" show I've watched in many years, probably going back to Kemono no Sou-ja Erin.
S0crates

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
This season is the ultimate "we're all the same level". Another week of crazy bouncing around. New shows rising, new ones falling to critical dept.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Asobi Asobase in 4th place, in my eyes it is already one of the top school slice of life comedy animes ever made. I found it way superior to the likes of Slow Start and Kiniro Mosaic thanks to it's creativity, highly expressive characters and aggressive narrative style.

That's the only show I am following on a weekly basis because I prefer to binge watch stuff, specially shows that have a more continuous narrative.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1