• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Love Me, My Knight GNs 1-2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:07 am Reply with quote
Ooooooh boy, I did not know this was being released.
I may have to buy this. Digitally. The horror is finally catching up on me.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:10 am Reply with quote
Bookwalker is also releasing Tada's Deborah is my Rival, which I'm looking forward to reading.
kgw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:41 am Reply with quote
Hey, it's that series!
I suppose the anime wasn't released in the US, unlike in Europe, was it?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:49 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
Hey, it's that series!
I suppose the anime wasn't released in the US, unlike in Europe, was it?

No, it never was. It did air on TV networks here in Europe, like in Germany, unfortunately not here in Scandinavia.

Though it has been fansubbed so you could still watch it if you want...
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
It did air on TV networks here in Europe, like in Germany, unfortunately not here in Scandinavia.

It's such a fond childhood memory :3
I bought the first 2 volumes now and reading it. I have some issues with how a certain topic is handled, but such is life. I love old-school shojo a lot, and being a bit old is part of it, I guess.
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
This is so exciting for me! I remember getting into the anime, and I adore the ItaKiss manga, so I'm excited to read this. Yay for Deborah getting translated too!
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Coup d'État wrote:
Ooooooh boy, I did not know this was being released.
I may have to buy this. Digitally. The horror is finally catching up on me.

It's already caught up with me as I decided that for now on most of the manga I would buy would be digital as a means to save space. Titles that I really like though I would buy th physical volumes.

Quote:
mostly interacting with the restaurant's customers rather than people her own age. As a result, she's a little behind the times –

Reminds me of where I am at right now in terms of social life. Most of the people I interact with are older then me and I sometimes I feel out of touch with what is current.

Anyway, this looks to be a good read for me so I would check it out when I get around to it.

Princess_Irene wrote:
Bookwalker is also releasing Tada's Deborah is my Rival, which I'm looking forward to reading.

manapear wrote:
Yay for Deborah getting translated too!

I have never heard of that manga before but from checking amazon it has each volume listed for $1.99 which is good if not a bit surprising. Love Me, My Knight is also listed in that price. I know the review stated the manga was under $4, but I did not think it would be that cheap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
[ I know the review stated the manga was under $4, but I did not think it would be that cheap.

Bookwalker is definitely the cheapest in terms of full digital volumes right now, and they're releasing some interesting titles. I really enjoyed The Fox's Kiss, which is like Kamisama Kiss Lite (and only three volumes long), and the unfortunately titled The Maid at my House is like Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight with more likable characters. (And also only three volumes long.) I'm currently reading Nurse Call, a josei title from 1995 about an ER nurse. It's pretty good.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:

Bookwalker is definitely the cheapest in terms of full digital volumes right now, and they're releasing some interesting titles. I really enjoyed The Fox's Kiss, which is like Kamisama Kiss Lite (and only three volumes long), and the unfortunately titled The Maid at my House is like Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight with more likable characters. (And also only three volumes long.) I'm currently reading Nurse Call, a josei title from 1995 about an ER nurse. It's pretty good.

Ooh~ I have not read Kamisami Kiss nor Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight, but I would give these series a try. From checking both Amazon and Bookwalker's official website I see they are selling each chapter separately which would explain the cheap princes, but it's only The Fix Kiss manga that does not have the option to by the whole volumes.

In the meantime the only book I am reading from Bookwalker so far (upon discovering they publish this) is Because I'm a Maid by Shinji Hiiragi. It's about a woman striving to be a great maid like her late grandmother was.There are two volumes so far. I don't know how long the story is, but I have read two chapters so far and the story is growing on me. Since I am subscribe to kindle unlimited I get to read the two volumes for free.

By the way what is so unfortunate about the titled "The Maid at my House"? Is the Japanese title more fitting?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:01 pm Reply with quote
^ It's only unfortunate in that it isn't a great representation of the series, which is a cute little josei romance with a housekeeper heroine. Smile Her job is only important in that it puts her in proximity to the hero, but the word "maid" can be a turn-off for some readers (like my sister) and cause them to miss out on a cute story.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:30 pm Reply with quote
^ I see. I guess given how maids are sometimes represented in manga/anime, I can see how the title can potentially turn people off. I wonder what you would call the story.
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:18 am Reply with quote
Soo, when will they release more? They will release more, right? Soon?

Princess_Irene wrote:

I looked into that one, but I don't really get it. According to baka, this has 2 prequels. Are they really related? Re tellings? Spin-offs? Information in the net seems a bit sparse, but I'd like to know if the part that was translated can be read as-is.
The free preview read like a fresh start, I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1