• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fairy Tail TV Anime Reveals Visual, October 7 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:44 am Reply with quote
Final? But yet the new Fairy Tail manga launched a month ago, and they might adapt 100 Years Quest into an anime as well.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:34 am Reply with quote
DranzerX13 wrote:
Final? But yet the new Fairy Tail manga launched a month ago, and they might adapt 100 Years Quest into an anime as well.

Final for the original series. The sequel more than likely won't get an anime for another year or so.
matt78

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:52 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Final for the original series. The sequel more than likely won't get an anime for another year or so.

They could always make more episodes out of the other spinoff series until the sequel is ready to be animated.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope Funimation Simuldub this like the Zero stuff. Though I have no doubt they'll most likely will.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:05 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
I hope Funimation Simuldub this like the Zero stuff. Though I have no doubt they'll most likely will.

I sincerely hope they don't. Simuldubs give voice actors a tighter schedule, and less margin for error. FT Zero isn't Leah Clark's best work as Mavis, spoiler[and as disappointed as I was with the final arc in the manga, I really want Funimation to give their all with the final season anyway.]
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:37 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:

I sincerely hope they don't. Simuldubs give voice actors a tighter schedule, and less margin for error. FT Zero isn't Leah Clark's best work as Mavis, spoiler[and as disappointed as I was with the final arc in the manga, I really want Funimation to give their all with the final season anyway.]

I still hope they do Simuldub it. And I thought Leah Clark did a fine job uring the Zero Arc.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:25 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
immblueversion wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:

I still hope they do Simuldub it. And I thought Leah Clark did a fine job uring the Zero Arc.

Of course, Clark has done the role for years, but even a good actor needs prep time for new work with old roles. There's also the new actors who hardly had time to grow really accustomed to their parts. Mark Fickert, who gave one of my favorite performances in this dub as Brain's talking skull staff, was especially god awful as that jack-a-mule guild master in the first episode. But even with that, the simuldub as a whole is hardly bad at all, it's just a step down from all the non-simuldubbed work that came before and around it.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:38 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:

They are simuldubbing it but instead of it coming out on the 7th of October like the sub, its coming out October 29th. I do agree tho I would rather it come out separate on blu ray like in 12-14 episodes like it used to. I think tho the actors and overall casting director for the dub have done such a great job overall in the end that I doubt it will be that big of an issue. Todd, Cherami, and Newton really carried that show well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1