• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tiger Mask Animation Director Keiichiro Kimura Passes Away

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HK16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunate that this happened to the father of one of my favorite animators. I hope Takahiro and his family can get through this. Thank you, Kimura-san for having an impact on many lives,

RIP
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know he worked on with Speed Racer. I am sorry for the family's loss.

Thank you, Kimura for your hard work over the years. I know that many people enjoyed your works.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 pm Reply with quote
HOLY CRAP!!! The legendary Keiichiro Kimura is KIMTAKA's FATHER????

For those that don't know KIMTAKA is the doujin handle for Takahiro Kimura. The same designer (that I fell in love with) for the Variable Geo franchise and GaoGaiGar fame. I'd followed his work for years. Used to visit his doujin site off and on. He also worked on 'Brigadoon', 'Godannar' and did the animation designs for Code Geass, even though CLAMP were the original designers. He has a long credit history of shows he's worked on. His style is easily identifiable.

Wow!!! This is a surprise. I know that is a blessing in itself to have Keiichiro Kimura as a father and grow up pursuing the same career even though you have different styles. Working on (now) legendary shows like Tiger Mask as well as other classic shows. I've never watched Tiger Mask but I know that it has a huge impact on past and present anime fans. Both inside and outside the US. But to know he worked on Air Master (a show I really enjoyed) is good enough for me. This is one reason I hold a lot of respect for artist who have old school legendary parents. Because they hold true to their roots and it shows in their work.

I'm very sorry to hear this news. Truly a legend to so many. Artist, animator, creator, legend but more importantly a "father".

I send my deepest respects to the Kimura family.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:01 am Reply with quote
Rest in peace. I remember seeing the kickstarter for Go!Samurai. I liked what I saw.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1